Moodle for Training and Professional Development [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results
- Use Moodle to build effective training and professional development courses
- Incorporate content from multiple sources and platforms
- Design effective assessments; individual and collaborative
- Track performance, archive results, and generate certificates automatically for both cohorts and individual trainees
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Course Length : 1 hour 32 minutes and 46 seconds
ISBN : 1782166165
ISBN 13 : 9781782166160
Author(s) : Susan Smith Nash
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Video, Cookbooks, Content Management (CMS), Open Source
Table of Contents
- Setting Up a New Course [09:22 minutes]
- Selecting Moodle for Professional Development
- Selecting Moodle Hosting
- Turning Editing On and Off
- Adding a New Course
- Setting Up Units and Course Organization
- Adding Topics
- Editing Unit Names
- Incorporating Learning Objectives
- Following Bloom's Taxonomy
- Finalizing Topics and Planning Content
- Moodle Docs
- Preparing Modules [12:12 minutes]
- Review of Icons in Moodle
- Adding Activities
- Adding Discussion Board
- Adding Links to the Course Content Using Material from DOAJ
- Adding Video Content from YouTube
- Adding Photos and Graphics from Flickr
- Modifying Links to the URL
- Adding Audio Resources
- Types of Course Content [09:14 minutes]
- Types of Content
- Sources of Audio
- Sources of Video – YouTube Versus Ustream
- Establishing Conditions for Learning [09:33 minutes]
- Establishing Conditions for Learning
- Engaging With Personal Experience
- Engaging With Choice
- Engage Using Quiz With feedback
- Size Your graphics
- Basic Content [13:50 minutes]
- Adding Checklists
- Adding Quiz With feedback for Check Your Knowledge and Assessments
- Add a Lesson
- Add a Quiz With Limited Access
- Add a Calendar
- Assessment [08:19 minutes]
- Assessment Using Choice Activity
- Assessment Using Quiz
- Boosting Collaboration [17:04 minutes]
- Adding Discussion Forums
- Adding a Glossary
- Adding a wiki
- Expanding the wikis
- Collaborating Synchronously Via Chat and Skype
- Web Conferencing – Big Blue Button
- Course Management [13:12 minutes]
- Course Management – Registering Students
- Enrolling Students in a Course
- Issuing Certificates
- Front Page and Appearance
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Develop courses and assessment including certification for training and professional development in Moodle 2.4
- Set up a new course in Moodle 2.4
- Prepare modules and the course structure
- Select and add course content: text, graphics, audio, video, maps, diagrams
- Create engaging and effective learning conditions as you administer the course, students, and certifications
- Build modules containing basic components
- Develop effective assessments ranging from quizzes to workshops
- Incorporate collaborative learning
Who this video course is for
This course is for developers of certification programs, corporate training providers, learning organizations, or companies requiring training for compliance.
Demonstrating competency and a mastery of skills is more important than ever in today’s rapidly changing workplace. It often requires worker certification and legal compliance with training mandates. You can provide online training in a flexible way by taking advantage of Moodle's powerful capabilities.
Moodle for Training and Professional Development walks you through all the areas that you need to know in order to build your own courses, develop registration databases, create assessments, and administer interactive training for synchronous and asynchronous delivery.With Moodle for Training and Professional Development, you'll learn how to design, build, administer, and archive results with effective online training using the popular open source Learning Management System(LMS).
This video guide shows you how to create courses, incorporate highly effective multimedia instructional materials, create interactive lessons and training sessions, build interactive assessment, streamline course administration, and manage certification.
Learn how to use the powerful, popular Learning Management System(LMS), Moodle, to build courses that meet the needs of your learners to receive training and certification in solid, content-rich courses, with reliable, and effective assessment.
Moodle for Training and Professional Development covers everything you need to design the course, build content, create discussion forums, workshops, incorporate outside multimedia materials, including text, graphics, audio, video, web conferencing, presentations, develop collaborative and individual portfolios, and more. With the capability of incorporating both synchronous (chat, web conferencing, live streaming media), and asynchronous content (archived and streaming), it’s possible to deliver content and testing how and where you want it. This video guide breaks the process into functional units and allows you to quickly build the kind of training and assessment you need to deliver high-quality certification courses and professional development in an online format.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Moodle for Training and Professional Development breaks the process into functional units and allows you to quickly build the kind of training and assessment you need. Meet today’s professional training needs for certification, compliance, and new skills acquisition by affordably and effectively building courses incorporating social media and interactivity using the world’s most popular open source LMS.