Moodle for Mobile Learning [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Use Moodle to enable mobile learning outside your classroom
- Enhanced ways of assessing and communicating more effectively
- Learn new and innovative mobile learning activities that will enhance your students' learning experience
- Utilize social media to enhance your students' online learning experience
- Clear, step-by-step instructional videos guide you from the initial setup of your Moodle course through the creation of mobile content, assessment, social media, and more
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Monday, September 30, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours and 13 minutes
ISBN : 1782169121
ISBN 13 : 9781782169123
Author(s) : Graeme Boxwell
Topics and Technologies : Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Moodle for Mobile Learning [14:20 minutes]
- The Official MyMobile Theme
- Third-party Responsive Themes
- The Official MyMobile HTML5 App
- Third-party Moodle Apps
- Content Delivery [20:32 minutes]
- Guide to Delivering Content for Mobiles
- File Downloads
- Photo and Video Sharing
- My Private Files Area
- Mobile Learning Content Creation [16:04 minutes]
- SCORM e-learning Modules
- LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability)
- Xerte Online Toolkits
- Using Social Media in Moodle [14:39 minutes]
- Introduction to Social Media
- Embedding Twitter Feeds in Moodle
- Twitter hashtags
- Using Facebook in Moodle
- Communication [14:36 minutes]
- Guide to Communication
- Moodle Messaging
- SMS Notifications
- Group Forums
- Mobile Assessment [20:01 minutes]
- Guidelines for Delivering a Mobile Assessment
- Quiz Setup
- Quiz Design
- Audio and Video Assignment
- Audio Feedback
- Mobile Learning Activities to Use in the Classroom [14:14 minutes]
- Learning Walks Using Google Custom Maps
- Use the Database Tool with Camera Phones
- Using Audio with English Literature
- Tips and Tricks [18:36 minutes]
- QR Code
- Moodle Feedback Activity
- Fostering Reflective Learners through Mobile Blogs
- Flipping the Classroom
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Apply the appropriate theme and app to fit the course style of your audience
- Optimize content and innovative methods of delivery such as podcasting
- Utilize different content creation tools such as Xerte and Articulate to create exciting mobile content
- Engineer social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook to enrich the learning experience for your students
- Invigorate student communication with mobile communication tools for Moodle
- Rejuvenate your formative assessment techniques through mobile learning as it enables assessments to take place at any time or place
- Immerse your students in interactive mobile learning activities such as Google Maps' custom learning walks
- Innovate with mobile learning techniques such as flipping the classroom
Who this video course is for
This course is aimed at course designers, professors, or e-learning professionals who want to enhance their course design with m-Learning using Moodle. It will enable you to enhance your students’ learning through the use of Moodle and mobile devices. You can enjoy the full benefit of these videos with almost no experience of Moodle.
Learning today is no longer about sitting in a classroom working through a worksheet. Today's students demand a more engaging experience that allows them to learn where and when they want. Mobile learning empowers students to take control of their learning, anywhere and anytime, and Moodle helps us achieve this goal.
"Moodle for Mobile Learning" will show you how you can transform your classroom by using mobile learning activities. You will learn how to create engaging mobile content in Moodle that will captivate your students and with the help of social media, students will be able to communicate and collaborate more effectively.
"Moodle for Mobile Learning" starts with the setting up of Moodle to enable effective learning through mobile devices. It ends by looking at different mobile activities that a teacher can use to engage their classroom. Along the way we have easy-to-follow, clear video instructions that will revolutionize the way you teach.
You will learn how to set up up Moodle, including theming for mobile devices and the new Moodle mobile app. You will discover different ways of creating innovative content and assessments for mobile devices. You will be able to use social media to interact with your students. Assessment and communication through mobile devices will add a new dimension to your course.
"Moodle for Mobile Learning" will help you to achieve a different classroom from the one you currently have. It will give you the skills and techniques to transform your teaching, through easy-to-follow, practical video tutorials.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This is a practical video course with clear, step-by-step instructions for enhancing your learning experience using Moodle for mobile devices.