Moodle 2.6 ELearning Course Development (update): RAW
|Also available on:|
- Get to grips with the new features of Moodle 2.6
- Successfully configure site settings, set up the front page, create user accounts, and create courses.
- Follow an example course that will help you to explore the decisions, design considerations, and thought that goes into developing a successful course.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 350 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2014
ISBN : 1782163344
ISBN 13 : 9781782163343
Author(s) : William Rice
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source, RAW books
|3||Configuring Your Site
|4||Resources and Activities
||IN THE BOOK|
|5||Creating Categories and Courses
||IN THE BOOK|
|7||Adding Interaction with Activities||JULY 2014|
|8||Evaluating Students with Quizzes
|9||Getting Social with Forums and Chats||JULY 2014|
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand what Moodle can do, how it compares to other e-learning packages, and how it can support your teaching strategies
- Build an interactive e-Learning course
- Install the Moodle software on your own computer or a server, and navigate your way around it
- Gain experience in creating different kinds of courses, from team-building group exercises, to individual courses that a student can work on at home
- Manage students so that you can ensure that the right students are going to the right classes
- Understand, use, and customize roles
- Monitor how learners interact with your site using site stats
- Add multimedia content to your site
Moodle is the leading open source e-learning management system. Using Moodle, teachers and professors can easily construct richly textured web-based courses. A course can consist of a number of lessons, with each lesson including reading materials; activities such as quizzes, tests, surveys, and projects; and social elements that encourage interaction and group work between students.
The latest edition of the ultimate introduction to Moodle will show you how to add static learning material, interactive activities, and social features to your courses so that students can discover their learning potential. Moodle is relatively easy to install and use, but the real challenge is to develop a learning process that leverages its power and maps effectively onto the content established learning situation. This book guides you through meeting that challenge.
Packed with clear step-by-step instructions, plenty of screenshots,and thorough explanations, this book guides you through the many features and options that you have to choose from when using Moodle 2.6 Throughout this book you will follow an example course that will help you to explore the sort of decisions, design considerations, and thought that goes into developing a successful course.
This book will help you analyze your students' requirements, and come to an understanding of what Moodle can do for them. After that you'll see how to use every feature of Moodle to meet your course goals. Moodle is relatively easy to install and use, but the real challenge is to develop a learning process that leverages its power and maps effectively onto the content-established learning situation. This book guides you through meeting that challenge.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% off the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
Presented as an easy to follow, step-by-step guide, we'll show you how to build and customize your Moodle course easily and effectively.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to get the best from Moodle. Experienced Moodle users will find powerful insights into developing successful educational courses.