Moodle 2.3 Multimedia [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Create rich summary sections as well as activities for your Moodle courses using Moodle activities and external resources
- Learn how to create comprehensive surveys, depict statistical data in captivating charts, and use different resources to compile data as well as interactive documents
- Integrate several file types designed using different types of software into your Moodle courses - learn how to create and embed documents or upload them to your Moodle courses using e-portfolios
- Use recordings available on the Web or record your own clips using convenient online resources and convert your content such as MIDI files to the universally compatible mp3 format
- Embed videos from different websites, or create and edit your own using tools from the cloud and add them to your Moodle courses
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Course Length : 1 hour and 2 minutes
ISBN : 1782164308
ISBN 13 : 9781782164302
Author(s) : Silvina P. Hillar
Topics and Technologies : Video, Cookbooks, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Interactive User eXperiences [9:47 minutes]
- Designing a Multimedia Course Summary
- Embedding a Glogster into Our Moodle Course
- Creating a Crossword with 3D Images
- Uploading the Crossword to Moodle
- Designing a Questionnaire using Google Docs
- Surveys, Statistics, and Charts [9:02 minutes]
- Designing a Survey
- Using the Data to Draw a Chart
- Embedding a 3D Chart
- Uploading MP3 Files to Charts
- Embedding a 3D Chart with MP3 Files
- Uploading and Embedding Files [9:10 minutes]
- Creating a PDF and Uploading to Moodle
- Designing a Presentation with Hyperlinks and Videos
- Designing a Screencast with the Presentation
- Embedding the Presentation from YouTube
- Creating a Presentation in Google Docs and Sharing It
- Sounds, MIDI, and MP3 files [7:12 minutes]
- Finding Free MP3 Files and Uploading Them to Moodle
- Editing MP3 Files
- Looking for MIDI Files and Converting to MP3 Files
- Creating a Playlist
- Adding Sounds to Activities
- Alice in Moodle [6:24 minutes]
- Installing Alice
- Creating a Scenery in Alice
- Adding Movement in the Scenery
- Creating a Video and Uploading to YouTube
- Embedding the Video Created in Alice in Moodle
- Using, Editing, and Embedding videos [6:36 minutes]
- Creating a Screencast
- Editing a Screencast
- Creating a Playlist of Videos
- Editing Existing Videos and Creating a New One
- Embedding Videos, Playlists, or Screencasts in Moodle
- Repositories and E-portfolios [7:42 minutes]
- Enabling Flickr Public
- Designing an Activity Using Flickr Public
- Adding a Box.net E-Portfolio
- Enabling Box.net E-Portfolio
- Enabling Dropbox
- Embedding Social Networks in Moodle [6:56 minutes]
- Creating an Account and a Page on Facebook
- Embedding a Facebook Button in Moodle
- Creating a Flickr Account and Embedding It in Moodle
- Embedding Twitter in Moodle
- YouTube in Moodle
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Create Interactive User eXperiences using free software
- Design and work with surveys and charts embedded in your Moodle course
- Upload and embed a variety of file formats in your Moodle course
- Work with different sounds; edit and embed MIDI and mp3 files into your Moodle course
- Create and edit videos of custom sceneries generated using Alice
- Create, edit, and embed videos using different tools available on the Web
- Enable, embed, and work with e-portfolio files
- Embed social networks and design resources to use in your activities
Who this video course is for
Moodle 2.3 Multimedia is for Moodlers, teachers who design e-learning activities, and multimedia lovers who would like to enhance their own amazing sites!
Moodle 2.3 Multimedia provides plenty of recipes that will guide you through how to add, embed, and link several multimedia resources into your Moodle courses. Learn to deal with surveys, charts, and files, as well as e-portfolios, and enhance your Moodle courses
Moodle 2.3 Multimedia will help you design and create interactive Moodle courses using a combination of technologies (free and open source) as well as services available on the Web, making your courses more appealing and captivating to students.
This course also includes working with e-portfolios and social networks — a powerful element to take into account when designing your Moodle activities and course summaries.
Moodle 2.3 Multimedia begins with an overview of designing rich course activities and summaries, then moves on to creating surveys and embedding charts within a course. Later on, you will create and embed your own videos in the Moodle course.
Then, we take it one step further as we add (and edit) sounds to our activities. Learn how to design, edit, and embed 3D videos in your course using the online software Alice. We’ll also cover how to create live screencasts, which can be converted into videos and embedded in your course.
This course will show you how to augment the effectiveness of your Moodle course through creating and embedding interactive and eye-catching multimedia elements such as images, charts, interactive documents, audio, screencasts, video, e-portfolios, and social networks that will enthrall your audience.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Moodle 2.3 Multimedia provides plenty of recipes that will guide you on how to add, embed, and link several multimedia resources into your Moodle courses. Learn to deal with surveys, charts, and files, as well as e-portfolios, and enhance your Moodle courses.