Moodle 1.9 Teaching Techniques
|Also available on:|
- Motivate students from all backgrounds, generations, and learning styles
- When and how to apply the different learning solutions with workarounds, providing alternative solutions
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions with screenshots and examples for Moodle's powerful features
- Especially suitable for university and professional teachers
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Developing an Effective Online Course
Chapter 2: Instructional Material
Chapter 3: Collaborative Activities
Chapter 4: Assessment
Chapter 5: Lesson Solutions
Chapter 6: Wiki Solutions
Chapter 7: Glossary Solutions
Chapter 8: The Choice Activity
Chapter 9: Course Solutions
Chapter 10: Workshop Solution
Chapter 11: Portfolio/Gallery Solution
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 07 Apr 2014
Errata type: Content | Page number: 08 |
The link for the Learning Pyramid is incorrect. You have http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/polovina/learnpyramid/about.html It should be http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/polovina/learnpyramid/index.html
What you will learn from this book
- Build a learning outcome-focused approach that enables your students to perform well
- Different techniques for creating a dynamic learning environment
- Put all the ideas you've wanted to implement, but never could, into action to create unique courses with reusable elements
- Motivate your students to collaborate and demonstrate what they are learning and to create projects together
- Develop materials you can re-use in your future courses
- Incorporate Web 2.0 features to encourage student sharing of resources
- Create online workshops and galleries for your students to make presentations about what they have learned
- Build e-portfolios for students to collect their work and demonstrate mastery of the units
- Engage your students in team work that helps them connect course content with their experiences and prior learning
- Feel confident in finding ways to accommodate your students' learning styles and preferences to guide them to a successful outcome for the course
- Develop high-quality courses that will last and stay useful and relevant to create a personal inventory you can use and re-use
Moodle is the world's most popular, free open-source Learning Management System (LMS). It is vast and has lots to offer. More and more colleges, universities, and training providers are using Moodle, which has helped revolutionize e-learning with its flexible, reusable platform and components. It works best when you feel confident that the tools you have at hand will allow you to create exactly what you need.
This book brings together step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions and learning theory to give you new tools and new power with Moodle. It will show you how to connect with your online students, and how and where they develop an enthusiastic, open, and trusting relationship with their fellow students and with you, their instructor. With this book, you'll learn to get the best from Moodle.
This book helps you develop good, solid, dynamic courses that will last by making sure that your instructional design is robust, and that they are built around satisfying learning objectives and course outcomes. With this book, you'll have excellent support and step-by-step guidance for putting together courses that incorporate your choice of the many features that Moodle offers. You will also find the best way to create effective assessments, and how to create them for now and in the future. The book will also introduce you to many modules, which you can use to make your course unique and create an environment where your students will get maximum benefit. In addition, you will learn how you can save time and reuse your best ideas by taking advantage of Moodle's unique features.
Unite the power of Moodle and the truth about how people learn and start building unforgettable online courses
This book contains clear guidance for all who want to put together effective online courses that motivate students and encourage dynamic learning. There are clear, step-by-step instructions with helpful screenshots and diagrams to guide you along the way.
Who this book is for
If you want to unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses that really get students moving forward, then this book is for you. Experienced Moodlers who want to upgrade to Moodle 1.9 will find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses.