Instant MinGW Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to use MinGW with new projects, and how to integrate it with old ones
- Learn how to integrate your applications with well-known, open source, GUI libraries
- Vital tips on how to use the most popular open source Integrated Development Environment systems with MinGW
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 78 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849695628
ISBN 13 : 9781849695626
Author(s) : Ilya Shpigor
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Microsoft
Table of ContentsInstant MinGW Starter
- Instant MinGW Starter
- So, what is MinGW?
- Step 1 – What do I need?
- Step 2 – Downloading MinGW
- Step 3 – Extracting and configuring
- What do you have to get?
- Alternative ways to install MinGW
- Quick start – Creating your first MinGW project
- Step 1 – Adding source files
- Step 2 – Adding a Makefile
- Step 3 – Compiling and linking
- Top features you'll want to know about
- 1 – Make utility usage
- 2 – Compiler options
- 3 – Importing the existing Visual C++ project
- 4 – Debugging application
- 5 – Profiling application
- 6 – Developing with cross-platform libraries
- The Qt framework
- The Gtk+ widget toolkit
- wxWidgets framework
- 7 – Integrating with IDE
- Qt Creator
- People and places you should get to know
- MinGW official sites
- MinGW-w64 official sites
- GNU Compiler Collection official sites
- GNU Debugger official sites
- GNU Make official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- How to quickly install and configure the MinGW
- Debug and profile your C++ applications with MinGW
- Effective ways to build complex applications with GNU Make utility
- Import existing Visual C++ project to MinGW software
- Develop cross-platform, GUI library, based applications
- Integration of well-known open source IDE systems with MinGW toolset
If you need stable, dynamically developed, and easy-to-configure instrumentation for application development, look no further than MinGW. It supplies all the dynamic tools you need to enable you to develop Microsoft Windows applications, while allowing for easy integration with the software that you already use.
This book will give you the expert guidance you will need to start developing applications with Instant MinGW. As well as help you to become an experienced user of MinGW, the book will also detail some of the more common pitfalls that beginners face when first using the software, and more importantly, how to avoid them yourself.
This book will help you through the installation process, and help introduce you to compilation, debugging, and profiling with MinGW. It will guide you in importing existing projects developed with Visual C++ Integrated Development Environment to MinGW, and show you how to start using it to develop your current projects with minimal effort.
This book will also introduce you to developing applications with several well-known, open source, GUI libraries and the MinGW software.
With Instant MinGW Starter, you will gain a reliable, comprehensive, and supremely beneficial introduction to the MinGW software, and quickly learn how to use it for new, and old, projects.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This is a Starter guide designed to enable the reader to start using MinGW to develop Microsoft Windows applications as quickly, and as efficiently, as possible.
Who this book is for
This book is for C and C++ developers who are looking for new and effective instruments to use in application development for Microsoft Windows. No experience of MinGW is needed: this book will guide you through the essentials to get you using the software like a pro in a matter of hours.