Instant Minecraft: Pi Edition Coding How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Enhance your Minecraft building techniques using computer code
- Get started with the Linux operating system on the Raspberry Pi
- Make the Minecraft world interact with the real world
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1783280638
ISBN 13 : 9781783280636
Author(s) : Daniel Bates
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Other, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Minecraft: Pi Edition Coding How-to
- Instant Minecraft: Pi Edition Coding How-to
- Setting up Raspberry Pi (Simple)
- Setting up Minecraft: Pi Edition (Simple)
- Coding with Minecraft (Simple)
- Creating a Reversi game board (Intermediate)
- Adding Reversi rules (Intermediate)
- Bringing Reversi to Minecraft (Advanced)
- Reacting to the real world (Advanced)
- Building a secret door (Intermediate)
- Reacting to the Minecraft world (Advanced)
- Building a burglar alarm (Intermediate)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to set up a Raspberry Pi
- Discover more about Linux and a wide range of features of the Python programming language
- Understand how to structure code to make it easier to reuse, making your work even faster
- Learn how to code a Reversi game board and apply it to Minecraft
- Master how to adapt the existing code to influence the Minecraft world
Minecraft is a hugely successful game, having sold more than 20 million copies worldwide across a range of platforms. The Raspberry Pi is an inexpensive, low-power computer that aims to get people interested in Computer Science. The two have joined forces to bring you Minecraft: Pi Edition, allowing you to explore the world of programming and to see instant results in the Minecraft world.
Instant Minecraft: Pi Edition Coding How-to provides a clear and concise guide to Minecraft: Pi Edition, from setting up a Raspberry Pi and getting Minecraft running, right through to some simple (and not-so-simple!) programming. The programs used in this book can speed up the Minecraft building process and allow interactivity that wouldn't be possible otherwise.
This book will take you through a number of clear recipes showing you how to set up a Raspberry Pi, introduce you to the Python programming language, and show you how to make the Minecraft world communicate with the real world.
On the way, you will get a basic grounding in the Linux operating system and learn some good coding practices. You will create a game-within-a-game in the form of an interactive Reversi board in the Minecraft world. Some simple electronics examples are also included, which show you how easily software and hardware can work together.
When you have finished reading Instant Minecraft: Pi Edition Coding How-to, the sky is the limit for your Minecraft building. Interactive environments will be the norm, and you will discover how programming can help in every part of your Minecraft experience.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes on how to code creatively in Minecraft: Pi Edition
Who this book is for
This book is for everyone! No previous experience of programming, Linux, or Minecraft is required. It is great for you if you enjoy playing Minecraft and would like to be able to build more interesting things, and also if you are interested in learning computer programming. All of the recipes require a Raspberry Pi computer (and all necessary peripherals), and some are best performed with additional electronics components.