Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012 and upgrade Active Directory
- Decommission old servers and convert your environment into the Windows Server 2012 native environment
- Walks you through different migration scenarios based on the author’s own experience, providing a step-by-step guide to solving real-world business problems
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 84 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849687447
ISBN 13 : 9781849687447
Author(s) : Santhosh Sivarajan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Microsoft Servers, Networking and Servers, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to
- Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to
- Installing Windows Server 2012 (Must know)
- Converting Server Core to Server with a GUI (Should know)
- Converting Server with a GUI to Server Core (Should know)
- Configuring Windows Server 2012 (Must know)
- Installing administration tools (Must know)
- Working with Server Manager properties (Should know)
- Adding servers to Server Manager (Should know)
- Creating server group (Should know)
- Enabling remote desktop (Should know)
- Add and remove roles and features (Must know)
- Active Directory migration (Must know)
- FSMO role transfer/migration (Must know)
- Windows Server Migration Tools (Must know)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) migration (Must know)
- DNS migration (Should know)
- Data and file server migration (Must know)
- Printer and print server migration (Must know)
- Hyper-V migration (Should know)
- Decommissioning old domain controllers (Must know)
- Forest and domain functional level (Must know)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure the Windows Server 2012
- Learn the administration of Windows Server 2012
- Master Active Directory Migration, DNS Migration, and DHCP Migration
- Follow step-by-step instructions on data and file server migration
- Learn about printer and print server migration
- Discover how to implement Hyper-V migration
- Explore Infrastructure services (DNS, DHPC, and so on) and File and Printer server migration scenarios
Migrating to a new server involves a lot of decision making and planning. Windows Server 2012 comes with exciting new features and ease of use. This book will help you migrate to your new server in no time.
"Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to" provides you with many practical and real world scenarios in a step-by-step guide. It is designed to lead you through the entire process of migration.
Beginning with an introduction to Windows Server 2012, the author then takes you through the installation and configuration of the server, before continuing on to migrate the existing services to Windows Server and how to decommission old servers.
The “how-to” migration scenarios described are based on the author’s own field experiences, guaranteeing real-world solutions. The scenarios include Active Directory, enabling a Remote Desktop, Print Server, and Hyper-V migration details.
From the planning to theimplementation phase, "Instant Migration from Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 to 2012 How-to" is your comprehensive guide for completing migration solutions.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Presented in a hands-on reference manual style, with real-world scenarios to lead you through each process.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for Windows server administrators who are performing migrations from their existing Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 environment to Windows Server 2012. The reader must be familiar with Windows Server 2008.