Middleware Management with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g R5
|Also available on:|
- Manage your Oracle Fusion Middleware and non-Oracle middleware applications effectively and efficiently using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Conrol
- Implement proactive monitoring to maximize application performance
- Best practices and troubleshooting tips to manage your middleware and SOA applications for optimal service levels and reduced down time from Oracle Product Managers
- A Hands-on tutorial detailing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control's management of Middleware
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 350 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2009
ISBN : 1847198341
ISBN 13 : 9781847198341
Author(s) : Arvind Maheshwari, Debu Panda
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Enterprise, Oracle
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Gain a deep understanding of the challenges in managing middleware platforms and applications
- Understand the architecture of Enterprise Manager, and how best to set it up
- Discover middleware platforms (WebLogic, OC4J, BPEL, OSB, Coherence, Oracle Forms and Reports, etc. and non-Oracle middleware) from Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Monitor event notifications and diagnostics for middleware platforms and Java EE/Composite applications
- Create and export application service levels
- Manage middleware and application configurations
- Provision your middleware platform
- Build plug-ins for new target types
Today's IT environment is very complex, encompassing a myriad of technologies and middleware platforms. Many organizations have large and heterogeneous middleware platforms that power their enterprise applications and it is often a real challenge for administrators to meet agreed service levels and minimize downtime. Oracle Enterprise Manager allows administrators to manage the complete lifecycle of an entire application infrastructure for middleware and SOA applications.
This book will help you kick-start the setup of Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control and master all aspects of middleware management supported by Oracle Enterprise Manager.
This book, written by senior members of the Oracle team serves as the only hands on guide to provisioning middleware and implementing proactive monitoring to maximize application performance and compliance using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
The book starts with an introduction to the challenges faced by middleware administrators in their everyday life, and how Oracle Enterprise Manager helps solve those challenges. This book will help you manage your middleware infrastructure and applications effectively and efficiently using Oracle Enterprise Manager. By following the practical examples in this book you will learn to proactively monitor your production middleware applications running on Oracle Application Server, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA suite (such as Oracle BPEL Process manager), Oracle Server Bus, and Oracle Coherence. You will also learn different aspects to proactive monitoring and alert notifications, service level and incident management, diagnostics for production applications, lifecycle automation using out-of-the-box deployment procedures, and patching mechanisms. This book also helps you to master best practices for managing your middleware and SOA applications for optimal service performance and reduced down time.
A hands-on best-practice guide to managing Middleware
This book is a hands-on tutorial detailing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control's management of Middleware. It is a 'how-to', and provides best practices, tips, and troubleshooting guidelines for managing middleware with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Who this book is for
This book is targeted at Middleware Administrators, IT Architects, and System Administrators who want to monitor, diagnose, and maximize the system performance of Oracle<!--[if gte mso 9]>
Fusion Middleware solutions.
The book assumes basic knowledge of middleware/application server management. It can also be used by Database Administrators who want to become Middleware Administrators.