Microsoft

Understanding ShapeSheet™ in Microsoft Visio 2010

by David John Parker | July 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

In this article by David J. Parker, author of Microsoft Visio 2010 Business Process Diagramming and Validation, we will discuss Microsoft Visio ShapeSheet™ and the key sections, rows, and cells, along with the functions available for writing ShapeSheet™ formulae, where relevant for structured diagrams.

Read Understanding ShapeSheet™ in Microsoft Visio 2010 in full

Organizing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010

by Mark Polino | July 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

In this article by Mark Polino, author of the book Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Cookbook, we will look at:

  • Speeding up account entry with Account Aliases
  • Gaining visibility with Horizontal Scroll Arrows
  • Streamlining payables processing by prioritizing vendors
  • Getting clarity with User Defined fields
  • Developing connections with Internet User Defined fields

These recipes are designed to help administrators get more out of Dynamics GP for their users by organizing Dynamics GP.

Read Organizing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 in full

Tools and Techniques for Solving Least Privilege Security Problems

by Russell Smith | July 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

There may be situations where you need to support standard users and have no choice but to temporarily grant administrative privileges. This article by Russell Smith, author of Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP, includes information about tools and techniques that can be used to solve Least Privilege Security problems.

In this article we'll learn to:

  • Set up a system for temporarily granting administrative privileges to standard users for support purposes
  • Use Task Scheduler to run common processes without the need to elevate privileges
Read Tools and Techniques for Solving Least Privilege Security Problems in full

Maintaining Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010

by Mark Polino | July 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

Maintaining Dynamics GP is an important part of keeping the system healthy. In this article by Mark Polino, author of the book Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Cookbook, we will look at some common maintenance items including:

  • Preventing entry of wrong dates by Closing Periods
  • Improving performance by adjusting AutoComplete settings
  • Cleaning up Accounts Receivable with Paid Transaction Removal
  • Providing correct tax information by Updating 1099 information
  • Maintaining updated code by rolling out Service Packs with Client Updates
Read Maintaining Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 in full

Microsoft Office Live Small Business: Extending the Personal Website

by Rahul Pitre | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

Office Live Small Business is Microsoft's web-presence service for small businesses. It's part software and part service. In fact, Microsoft calls this strategy Software + Services.

In the previous article we have learned How to create and Customize your Home Page

In this article byRahul Pitre, author of Microsoft Office Live Small Business: Beginner’s Guide we will learn :

  • A Contact Us page that enables visitors to contact you
  • A Privacy Policy page that tells visitors how you use their personal information, such as their names and e-mail addresses
Read Microsoft Office Live Small Business: Extending the Personal Website in full

Microsoft Office Live Small Business: Creating and Customizing Your Webpage

by Rahul Pitre | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

In this article series, the objective is to create a skeleton for your website by building four skeletal web pages that will serve as your website's foundation.

In this article by Rahul Pitre, author of Microsoft Office Live Small Business Beginner's Guide we will learn :

  • A Home page that acts as the gateway to your site
  • An About Us page that tells a visitor about you and your business
Read Microsoft Office Live Small Business: Creating and Customizing Your Webpage in full

How to configure MSDTC and the firewall for the distributed WCF service

by Mike Liu | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

In the first article we have seen how to enhance this WCF service to support distributed transaction processing and how to configure all related computers to enable distributed transaction support

In this article by Mike Liu, author of WCF 4.0 Multi-tier Services Development with LINQ to EntitiesWe will cover the following topics in this article:

  • Configuring the firewall for the distributed WCF service
  • Propagating a transaction from the client to the WCF service
  • Testing the multiple database support of the distributed WCF service
Read How to configure MSDTC and the firewall for the distributed WCF service in full

Distributed transaction using WCF

by Mike Liu | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

WCF is the acronym for Windows Communication Foundation. It is Microsoft's latest technology that enables applications in a distributed environment to communicate with each other.

In this article series, we will first verify that the LINQNorthwind WCF service does not support distributed transaction processing. We will then explain how to enhance this WCF service to support distributed transaction processing and how to configure all related computers to enable distributed transaction support. To demonstrate this, we will propagate a transaction from the client to the WCF service and verify that all sequential calls to the WCF service are within one single distributed transaction. We will also explain the multiple database support of the WCF service and discuss how to configure MSDTC and the firewall for the distributed WCF service.

In this article by Mike Liu, author of  WCF 4.0 Multi-tier Services Development with LINQ to Entities We will cover the following topics in this article:

  • Creating the solution files
  • Testing the transaction behavior of the DistNorthwind WCF service
  • Enabling transaction flow in the service bindings
  • Modifying the service operation contract to allow transaction flow
  • Modifying the service operation implementation to require a transaction scope
  • Configuring the Distributed Transaction Coordinator for the distributed WCF service
Read Distributed transaction using WCF in full

How Microsoft Dynamics NAV fits a consultancy company

by Mark Brummel | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is a very complete ERP package, but unlike other ERP packages it has a design capable of providing an open structure and a development platform. The idea is to provide 80% of the solution out of the box and allow the other 20% to be designed by qualified business application developers.

In this article by Mark Brummel, author of  Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Application Design, we will learn how Microsoft Dynamics NAV fits a consultancy company. Most consultancy companies have project related processes. They take on larger projects that take a certain time to complete. Some consultancy companies also purchase and sell items.

We will discuss four different project scenarios and see how Microsoft Dynamics NAV can be used to support those. To do this we will create some modifications along the way.

Read How Microsoft Dynamics NAV fits a consultancy company in full

Integrating the application with Relationship Management and Sales in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

by Mark Brummel | June 2010 | Enterprise Articles Microsoft

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is a very complete ERP package, but unlike other ERP packages it has a design capable of providing an open structure and a development platform. The idea is to provide 80% of the solution out of the box and allow the other 20% to be designed by qualified business application developers.

In the first part of the three part article series we have learned how to apply reverse engineering to customize our application

In the Second part of the three part article series we have learned how to Use the journals and entries in a custom application

In this article, by Mark Brummel, author of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Application Design we will learn:

  • how to integrate our solution with the standard application, in our case Sales Invoicing
  • How to structure codeunit of our application.
  • Navigate function-it needs changing when we add new documents and ledger entries
Read Integrating the application with Relationship Management and Sales in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 in full
Syndicate content
Code Download and Errata
Packt Anytime, Anywhere
Register Books
Print Upgrades
eBook Downloads
Video Support
Contact Us
Awards Voting Nominations Previous Winners
Judges Open Source CMS Hall Of Fame CMS Most Promising Open Source Project Open Source E-Commerce Applications Open Source JavaScript Library Open Source Graphics Software
Resources
Open Source CMS Hall Of Fame CMS Most Promising Open Source Project Open Source E-Commerce Applications Open Source JavaScript Library Open Source Graphics Software