Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Create, deploy, and manage Datacentres, Private and Hybrid Clouds with hybrid hypervisors by using VMM 2012 SP1, App Controller, and Operations Manager.
- Integrate and manage fabric (compute, storages, gateways, networking) services and resources. Deploy Clusters from bare metal servers.
- Learn how to use VMM 2012 SP1 features such as Windows 2012 and SQL 2012 support, Network Virtualization, Live Migration, Linux VMs, Resource Throttling, and Availability.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 342 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2013
ISBN : 1849686327
ISBN 13 : 9781849686327
Author(s) : Edvaldo Alessandro Cardoso
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Microsoft Other, Oracle Other, Virtualization and Cloud, Cookbooks, Enterprise, Microsoft
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: VMM 2012 Architecture
Chapter 2: Installing SCVMM 2012
Chapter 3: Installing the VMM Management Server
Chapter 4: Configuring Fabric Resources in VMM
Chapter 5: Deploying Virtual Machines and Services
Chapter 6: Upgrading from SCVMM 2008 R2 SP1
Chapter 7: Scripting in Virtual Machine Manager
Chapter 8: Managing VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer Hosts
Chapter 9: Managing Hybrid Clouds, Fabric Updates, Creating Clusters, and New Features of SP1
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use VMM Architecture and plan for a real word deployment
- Utilize Network Virtualization, Gateway integration, Storage integration, Resource Throttling, and Availability options
- Deploy Operations Manager and integrate with VMM
- Integrate SC APP Controller with VMM to manage Private and Public Clouds (Azure)
- Cluster deployment with VMM Bare Metal
- Create and deploy Virtual Machines from Templates
- Deploy a highly available VMM Management Server
- Manage Hyper-V, Vmware, and Citrix from VMM
- How to upgrade from SCVMM 2008R2 to SCVMM 2012 SP1
Microsoft System Center 2012 is a comprehensive IT infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud management platform. With System Center 2012, you can more easily and efficiently manage your applications and services across multiple hypervisors as well as across public and private cloud infrastructures to deliver flexible and cost-effective IT services for your business.
This cookbook covers architecture design and planning and is full of deployment tips, techniques, and solutions designed to show users how to improve VMM 2012 in a real world scenario. It will guide you to create, deploy, and manage your own Private Cloud with a mix of Hypervisors: Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi, and Citrix XenServer. It also includes the VMM 2012 SP1 features.
This book is a cookbook that covers architecture design, planning and is full of deployment tips, techniques and solutions designed to show users how to improve VMM 2012 in a real world scenario. It will guide you to create, deploy and manage your own Private Cloud with a mix of Hypervisors : Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi and Citrix XenServer.
This is a Packt Cookbook, full with over 75 recipes for VMM users to carry out vital tasks quickly and easily.
Who this book is for
This book is written for solutions architects, technical consultants, administrators, and any other virtualization lover who needs to use Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager in a real world environment.