Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012
|Also available on:|
- Practical guidance that will help you get the most out of Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012
- Gain insight into deploying, monitoring, and administering System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 from a team of Microsoft MVPs
- Learn the various methods and best practices for administrating and using Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Implementation of effective Backup Strategies
- How to use DPM Central Console and SCOM to monitor DPM
- Carrying out disaster recovery for DPM
- Automation with DPM using System Canter Orchestrator along with PowerShell
- Using DPM with workgroups and untrusted domains
- How to perform common management tasks for DPM
- Better tape management with DPM
- Using client protection with DPM
Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager is a centralized data protection solution. DPM is used for data protection and recovery for Microsoft workloads.
Data Protection Manager allows backup and recovery of Microsoft Workloads, including SQL Server, Exchange, Sharepoint, Client Computers, and Hyper-V. Enabling disk and tape-based backup methods, DPM also allows central management of the system state and “Bare-Metal Recovery”.
Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 is a guide for administrators of System Center Data Protection Manager. By the end of this book, users will be able to carry out automated installs, migrate DPM to new hardware, set up custom reporting, use the DPM central console, and implement offsite DPM strategies such as chaining, monitoring, and cyclic protection.
In this book you will gain insight from Microsoft Most Valued Professionals into the new features in DPM 2012 along with an understanding of the core tasks that administrators will face, including installing and configuring DPM 2012, workload protection, and managing the system. It will also show administrators how to effectively create backups of the protected workloads and use these backups to recover from a disaster.
It will also contain information on backup networks, client protection, and how to automate tasks in DPM to make your job as an administrator easier.
After reading this book you should be confident enough to master protecting your organizations data with Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager.
This book is a Packt tutorial, walking the administrator through the steps needed to create real solutions to the problems and tasks faced when ensuring that their data is protected.
Who this book is for
This book is for network administrators, system administrators, backup administrators, or IT consultants who are looking to expand their knowledge on how to utilize DPM to protect their organization’s data.