Microsoft System Center 2012 Compliance Management Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- A step-by-step guide filled with practical recipes that will show you how to start your compliance project using Microsoft System Center and other supporting technologies
- Demystify the compliance deployment myth; bridge the gap between IT, audit, and compliance programs
- Maximize your return on investment using the System Center product components
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Design your compliance program
- Explore Microsoft Security Compliance Manager as a base entry solution for your compliance program through the use of Group Policy Objects you create in SCM
- Use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager’s settings management to manage the life cycle of compliance baselines
- Employ Microsoft System Center Operations Manager to monitor for compliance breaches
- Design and run reports to understand your compliance status and security audit state
- Automate your compliance program using Microsoft System Center
- Deploy Microsoft System Center Service Manager to centralize your compliance program
Compliance programs are often run and managed by security and audit teams. These teams provide policies and guidance that require implementation by the IT team using technology. Microsoft Security Compliance Manager and Microsoft System Center are an ideal combination to provide this bridge between IT and the teams responsible for compliance policies.
Aimed at getting you familiar with the practical side of IT compliance, this book starts by introducing you to Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM). You will learn how to enhance the capabilities of IT compliance programs using the Microsoft System product. You will also gain access to compliance technology implementations from the smallest organizations to enterprise cloud-ready corporations.
Moving on from the basics, this book will delve into the recommended critical tasks to start a compliance program, and then provide steps to start the compliance program with the free Microsoft Security Compliance Manager. You will then be introduced to the steps to create a GPO Compliance Baseline using Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, and steps to monitor the created baseline in addition to introducing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager compliance functionalities.
Following that, you will learn how to program and design a GRC program, and also implement it with Microsoft System Center2012 Service Manager. You will also learn how to automate GRC processes with Microsoft System Center 2012 and create compliance reports using Microsoft System Center 2012.
The hands-on recipes provide a guide on how to start your compliance project using Microsoft System Center and other supporting technologies like Microsoft Active Directory. You will find practical examples in this book.
Who this book is for
If you are an administrator who wants to learn how Microsoft System Center helps to fulfil compliance and security requirements, this is the book for you. Prior knowledge of Microsoft System Center is required.