Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service 2012 Dimensions and Cube Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create your own SQL Server development environment
- Full of practical tutorials on cube design and development
- Learn how to efficiently administrate and manage your SQL Server instance
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 79 pages
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1849688729
ISBN 13 : 9781849688727
Author(s) : Anurag Acharya
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise, Microsoft
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- What’s new In SQL Server 2012
- Evaluation of SQL Server development environment requirements
- How to design the SQL Server installation
- Components of the development environment
- Installation of essential services with SQL Server 2012
- Administration of user management and server roles
- Core installation of SQL Server on the core server 2008R2 SP1
- Build and create dimensions and cubes in a development environment
Microsoft SQL Server Analytical Services, or SSAS, is an analytical processing OLAP tool which allows users to analyze business data quickly and easily.
In this book you will get started with SQL Server cube development. You will start by learning how to install SQL Server 2012 and create a development environment. You will then finish by diving into the development and design of dimension and cubes in SQL Server.
This book starts by jumping into the new and important features of Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Afterwards we will run through the installation of SQL Server then how to check the validation of SQL Server and security consideration during and after installation.
After you have SQL Server running, you will get started with SQL Server cube development, first by creating a development environment, then by developing and designing dimensions and cubes in SQL Server.
Moving on to administration and user management of SQL Server 2012 you will then build your own SQL Server development environment and create your own dimensions and cubes. You will then finish with a journey through further tutorials and guidance on continuing and progressing with SSAS cube development.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Written in a practical, friendly manner this book will take you through the journey from installing SQL Server to developing your first cubes.
Who this book is for
"Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service 2012 Dimensions" and Cube Starter is targeted at anyone who wants to get started with cube development in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. Regardless of whether you are a SQL Server developer who knows nothing about cube development or SSAS or even OLAP, you will be able to pick up this title and quickly start developing cubes.