Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Development Beginner’s Guide
|Also available on:|
- Discover the Dimensional Modeling concept while designing a data warehouse
- Learn Data Movement based on technologies such as SSIS, MDS, and DQS
- Design dashboards and reports with Microsoft BI technologies
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 350 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1849688885
ISBN 13 : 9781849688888
Author(s) : Reza Rad
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Beginner's Guides, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Data Warehouse Design
Chapter 2: SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional Cube Development
Chapter 3: Tabular Model Development of SQL Server Analysis Services
Chapter 4: ETL with Integration Services
Chapter 5: Master Data Management
Chapter 6: Data Quality and Data Cleansing
Chapter 7: Data Mining – Descriptive Models in SSAS
Chapter 8: Identifying Data Patterns – Predictive Models in SSAS
Chapter 9: Reporting Services
Chapter 10: Dashboard Design
Chapter 11: Power BI
Chapter 12: Integrating Reports in Applications
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Perform Data Modeling with SSAS Multidimensional and MDX
- Use DAX and SSAS tabular for Data Modeling
- Manage Master Data with MDS
- Reveal Knowledge Driven Data Quality with DQS
- Understand prediction and Data Mining
- Identify data patterns and predictive models
- Design Dashboards with PerformancePoint and Power View
- Explore Power Query and Power Map as components of Power BI
- Create Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services and integrate them in applications
Take advantage of the real power behind the BI components of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013 with this hands-on book. This book will give you a competitive advantage by helping you to quickly learn how to design and build BI system with Microsoft BI tools.
This book starts with designing a data warehouse with dimensional modeling, and then looks at creating data models based on SSAS multidimensional and Tabular technologies. It will illustrate how to use SSIS for ETL, and MDS and DQS for data governance and data quality. The book is packed with real-world examples that will give you a good understanding of the BI and DW components of SQL Server 2014, Excel 2013, and SharePoint 2013.
Written in an easy-to-follow, example-driven format, there are plenty of step-by-step instructions to help get you started! The book has a friendly approach, with the opportunity to learn by experimenting.
Who this book is for
If you are a BI and Data Warehouse developer new to Microsoft Business Intelligence, and looking to get a good understanding of the different components of Microsoft SQL Server for Business Intelligence, this book is for you.
It’s assumed that you will have some experience in databases systems and T-SQL. This book is will give you a good upshot view of each component and scenarios featuring the use of that component in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence systems.