Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
|Also available on:|
- Deploy highly available Configuration Manager sites and roles
- Backup, restore, and copy Configuration Manager to other sites
- Get to grips with performance tuning and best practices for Configuration Manager sites
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 146 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2013
ISBN : 1782176764
ISBN 13 : 9781782176763
Author(s) : Marius Sandbu
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Web Development, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Planning for High Availability with Configuration Manager
Chapter 2: Configuring Roles for High Availability
Chapter 3: Deploy Highly Available Backend Services
Chapter 4: Backup and Recovery
Chapter 5: Performance Tuning
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover the different availability options for Windows roles
- Set up backup and recovery options with Configuration Manager
- Understand the planning for high availability hardware and SQL layouts
- Set up high availability AD, ADCS, DNS, DHCP, and SQL server
- Set up high availability Configuration Manager roles
- Create sample design scenarios
- Identify bottlenecks within Windows Server
Microsoft Configuration Manager is both extensive and complex, and for many, it is the primary tool for Enterprise management. With each new release, Configuration Manager continually proves itself to be the ultimate solution for managing both clients and mobile devices.
This book covers in detailed and easy-to-understand steps how to set up highly available Configuration Manager roles and backend services such as SQL, DNS, and AD. You will learn how to plan for high availability, what kind of roles there are, and how they scale.
The book starts by examining what needs to be taken into account when planning for high availability before moving on to focus on the different roles and how they can be set up. The book will also go through different scenarios as well as various backup and recovery procedures. You will learn how to identify bottlenecks within the different components and create sample design scenarios for high availability on Configuration Manager. The book will also look at the different high availability options and how to deploy them.
This book is a step-by-step tutorial that guides you through the key steps in implementing best solutions for high availability and performance tuning. It is split into two distinct approaches: client and site side HA and optimization.
Who this book is for
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is for IT professionals and consultants working with Configuration Manager who wish to learn the skills to deploy a redundant and scalable solution.