Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 Quickstart Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Designed for the fastest jump into .NET 4.5, with a clearly designed roadmap of progressive chapters and detailed examples.
- A great and efficient way to get into .NET 4.5 and not only understand its features but clearly know how to use them, when, how and why.
- Covers Windows 8 XAML development, .NET Core (with Async/Await & reflection improvements), EF Code First & Migrations, ASP.NET, WF, and WPF
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 210 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 184968698X
ISBN 13 : 9781849686983
Author(s) : Jose Luis Latorre
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Microsoft, .NET
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Overriding the default reflection context
- Using Async and Await in .NET 4.5
- Using the new asynchronous file I/O operations
- Using the new HttpClient
- Creating our first EF “Code First” application
- Using EF Code First Migrations
- Creating our first ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms application
- Creating an asynchronous HTTP Module
- Implementing Asynchronous Error handling with INotifyDataErrorInfo
- Using the WeakEvent pattern with WeakEventManager
- LiveShaping - Repositioning of data when it changes
With about ten years since its first release, Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.5 is one of the most solid development technologies to create casual, business, or enterprise applications. It has evolved into a very stable framework and solid framework for developing applications, with a solid core, called the CLR (Common Language Runtime) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 includes massive changes and enables modern application and UI development.
"Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 Quickstart Cookbook" aims to give you a run through the most exciting features of the latest version. You will experience all the flavors of .NET 4.5 hands on. The “How-to” recipes mix the right ingredients for a final taste of the most appetizing features and characteristics. The book is written in a way that enables you to dip in and out of the chapters.
The book is full of practical code examples that are designed to clearly exemplify the different features and their applications in real-world development. All the chapters and recipes are progressive and based on the fresh features on .NET Framework 4.5.
The book will begin by teaching you to build a modern UI application and improve it to make it Windows 8 Modern UI apps lifecycle model-compliant. You will create a portable library and throttle data source updating delays. Towards the end of the book, you will create you first Web API.
"Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 Quickstart Cookbook" is a concise and practical cookbook with recipes which get you up and running straight away with all the new functionality of .NET Framework 4.5.
Who this book is for
If you are a .NET developer and would like to learn the new features in .NET 4.5, then this book is just for you. Prior experience with .NET Framework would be useful, but not necessary.
"Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 Quickstart Cookbook" gives architects and project managers a high-level overview and clear understanding of what .NET 4.5 Framework provides and how it can be used.