Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Cookbook: LITE
|Also available on:|
- Personalize, organize and automate Dynamics GP using real-world, immediately useable recipes
- Follow carefully organized sequences of instructions along with screenshots
- Understand the various tips and tricks to master Dynamics GP, improve your system's stability, and enable you to get work done faster
- Access proven and effective Dynamics GP techniques from an author with over 10 years of experience in Dynamics GP
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 116 pages [ mm x mm ]
Release Date : May 2011
ISBN : 1849683808
ISBN 13 : 9781849683807
Author(s) : Mark Polino
Topics and Technologies : Lite Editions
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 1: Personalizing Dynamics GP
Chapter 2: Organizing Dynamics GP
Chapter 3: Automating Dynamics GP
- Chapter 1: Personalizing Dynamics GP
- Improving visibility by setting Required Fields to bold and red
- Getting faster access to data with the Shortcut Bar
- Reducing clicks with Startup shortcuts
- Personalizing the Home page by selecting the right role
- Speeding up access to data with Quick Links
- Rearranging Navigation to make it easier
- Jumping to the right location with Breadcrumbs
- Managing personal reports with My Reports
- Viewing open items with the Task List
- Visualizing information with
- Home page Metrics
- Accessing accounts faster with
- Favorites in Lookups
- Cleaning up the mess by fixing
- AutoComplete errors
- Chapter 2: Organizing Dynamics GP
- Speeding up account entry with
- Account Aliases
- Gaining visibility with Horizontal Scroll Arrows
- Streamlining payables processing by prioritizing vendors
- Getting clarity with User Defined fields
- Developing connections with Internet User Defined fields
- Gaining additional reporting control with Account Rollups
- Remembering processes with an Ad hoc workflow
- Improving financial reporting clarity by splitting purchasing accounts
- Speeding up lookups with Advanced Lookups
- Going straight to the site with Web Links
- Chapter 3: Automating Dynamics GP
- Using Reminders to remember important events
- Controlling reporting dates with
- Beginning and Ending Periods
- Automating reporting with Report Groups
- Speeding up entry by copying an Inventory Item
- Improving consistency with Shortcuts and User Classes
- Speeding up month-end close by
- Reconciling Bank Accounts daily
- Automating processes with Macros
- Getting early warnings with Business Alerts
- Splitting AP across departments automatically with Control Account
- Getting control of accruals and deferrals with Recurring GL batches
- Speeding up document delivery with e-mail
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
Lite EditionLearn more
Full EditionLearn more
|Personalize, organize and automate Dynamics GP using real-world, immediately useable recipes
| Follow carefully organized sequences of instructions along with screenshots
|Understand the various tips and tricks to master Dynamics GP, improve your system's stability, and enable you to get work done faster
|Access proven and effective Dynamics GP techniques from an author with over 10 years of experience in Dynamics GP|
|Covers the new features in Dynamics GP 2010|
|eBook available as PDF downloads|
|eBook available as ePub downloads|
|Available on PacktLib|
What you will learn from this book
- Personalize the look and feel of your Dynamics GP application.
- Organize Dynamics GP to improve the efficiency of your Dynamics GP application.
- Automate Dynamics GP to allow users or administrators to focus on value adding tasks.
- Enhance your Dynamics GP processes using various tools and tips.
- Maintain Dynamics GP and ensure proper operation of the system using optimum processes.
Microsoft Dynamics GP is an Enterprise Resource Planning system, essentially an accounting system on steroids, designed for mid-sized organizations. The implementation of Dynamics GP is usually considered to be complex, and people often realize there must be more efficient ways of working with the system. This book will show readers how to improve their use of Dynamics GP and get the most out of this tool quickly and effectively.
This book will provide immediately useable recipes for improving the way you use and work with Dynamics GP. This book will provide recipes designed to enhance the usefulness of Microsoft Dynamics GP by personalizing the look and feel of the application, organizing Dynamics GP so you can get more out of the application and automating Dynamics GP to allow users or administrators to focus on value adding tasks.
To find out more about upgrading to the full edition, visit www.packtpub.com/lite-editions and log into your account for offers and help. If you don’t have an account on PacktPub.com, visit today and set one up!
This practical, hands-on cookbook is specifically designed to improve the way you use and work with Dynamics GP and unleash the powerful functionality of Dynamics GP. The material has been carefully selected from Packt’s fuller Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Cookbook.
Who this book is for
If you are a Dynamics GP user or Dynamics GP partner primarily focused on delivering time-proven application optimizations, then this book is for you. This book assumes that you have a basic understanding of business management systems, with basic knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP. All the recipes are real-world tested and designed to be used immediately.