Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Security How-To [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Get to grips with security concepts for securing your Dynamics AX environment successfully
- Learn to Import users from active directory
- Master the way to create Claim User
- Assign users to security roles
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 76 pages
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 1849687501
ISBN 13 : 9781849687508
Author(s) : Ahmed Mohamed Rafik Moustafa
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Enterprise, Microsoft
Table of ContentsPreface
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Security How-To
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Security How-To
- Security architecture in Dynamics products
- Application security fundamentals
- AX 2012 security framework
- Creating a new user (Must know)
- Importing users from Active Directory
- Creating a claim user (Should know)
- Setting up user (Should know)
- Setting up user options (Should know)
- Setting up user relations (Should know)
- Adding a user to a predefined profile (Should know)
- Granting a user access to a specific company (Must know)
- Tracking user-related information (Must know)
- Assigning users to different roles (Must know)
- Adding users to the different roles (Should know)
- Adding a security role (Become an expert)
- Adding privileges to an existing role (Become an expert)
- Securing the Organization Model (Become an expert)
- Developing an extensible data security policy (Become an expert)
- Deploying changes in Enterprise Portal using AOT (Become an expert)
- Creating permissions in AOT (Become an expert)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to grant user access to specific company
- Add a security role
- Add privileges to an existing role
- Understand how to assign user to role
- Master how to tracking user related information
- Get to grips with Securing Organization Model
- Develop extensible data security policies
- Create permission using AOT
- Deploying changes in Enterprise portal using AOT
Securing ERP is the main issue nowadays; it is not only about bits and bytes of network traffic, but also about business transactions, users' privileges and access rights. Hackers raise their awareness to hack and attack ERP systems as the information becomes the vital weapon these days. So securing your ERP is not only about internal control and auditing procedures, but also to protect your entire system against outsiders or unauthorized users. It's the time to secure your ERP system.
"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Security How-To" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a clear step-by-step exercise, which will help you, achieve the practical experience to implement the new security features within MS Dynamics AX 2012.
This book is divided into three chapters, the first chapter talking about the security architect of Dynamics AX, second chapter considered as the foundation level security, and the last chapter shows the advanced level security.
You will learn how to assign users to security roles and vice-versa, you will also take a look at adding security role, as well as how to add privileges to an existing role, create permissions using AOT and securing your organization model. If you want to take the advantage of the new security features of MS Dynamics AX2012, then this is the book for you.
You will have the practical experience of the main security features in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 by following the guide steps and the full-receipts in a fast and easy way.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Written in simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and insightful tips and hints.
Who this book is for
If you are an AX implementer, AX developer, network administrator or IT Person charged with configuring Dynamics AX2012 in your company, then this book is for you. The book assumes that you are familiar with the basic security terminologies. Also. the book provides you with a good overview and covers details that makes it suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced readers.