Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Development Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Develop powerful, successful Dynamics AX projects with efficient X++ code
- Proven AX recipes that can be implemented in various successful Dynamics AX projects
- Covers general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, project, CRM modules and general functionality of Dynamics AX
- Step-by-step instructions and useful screenshots for easy learning
- Numerous development tips and tricks for daily usage
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 352 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2009
ISBN : 1847199429
ISBN 13 : 9781847199423
Author(s) : Mindaugas Pocius
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Microsoft Dynamics, Enterprise, Microsoft
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Processing Data
Chapter 2: Working with Forms
Chapter 3: Working with Data in Forms
Chapter 4: Building Lookups
Chapter 5: Processing Business Tasks
Chapter 6: Integration with Microsoft Office
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore data manipulation concepts in Dynamics AX – build data queries and modify the existing data
- Build scripts to assist data migration processes
- Organize data in Dynamics AX forms
- Enhance your application by using advanced form controls
- Create custom lookups using AOT forms and dynamically generate them from the X++ code
- Create and post Dynamics AX journals from code
- Create and manage purchase and sales orders from code
- Create a custom electronic payment format and process a vendor payment using it
- Integrate your application with Microsoft Office Suite
- Create various MS Office documents that can be used for exporting/importing business data for further distribution or analysis
Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution for mid-size and larger organizations. Dynamics AX implementations are used worldwide by thousands of customers. With the new version - Dynamics AX 2009 - the system is due to expand even more rapidly.
Every new implementation requires some level of customization, and all organizations want this to be done to the highest standards using proven approaches.
This step-by-step guide will help you manage your company’s ERP information and operations efficiently, and solve your business process problems in an effective and quick way. This book focuses on commonly used custom modifications in major Dynamics AX modules. This book contains commonly used bits of code which were real-world tested in at least one successful Dynamics AX implementation. Many of the recipes were deployed in many implementations and even across several versions of Dynamics AX. The examples in this book cover various areas of Dynamics AX to help developers not only learn about programming, but also about the functional side of Dynamics AX. The book should help developers who already know the basics of Dynamics AX programming to step up to the next level.
The recipes allow you to look at the development from the perspective of business processes. You will learn to enhance your user interface using various Dynamics AX UI elements. Managing your data and functions will become easier. You will also get numerous development tips and tricks from a Dynamics AX development expert.
Find solutions to common Dynamics AX development problems and effectively manage your business processes, with clear and easy-to-follow recipes.
This book contains a list of useful Dynamics AX modifications – recipes – along with all required code and in-depth explanations. Most of the recipes are presented using real-world examples in a variety of Dynamics AX modules. The step-by-step instructions along with many useful screenshots make learning easier.
Who this book is for
This book is for Dynamics AX developers, and is primarily focused on delivering time-proven application modifications. Although new X++ developers could use this book along with their beginner guides, this book is focused more on people who are willing to raise their programming skills above the beginner level, and at the same time learn the functional aspects of Dynamics AX. So, some Dynamics AX coding experience is expected.