Mastering Unity 4 Scripting [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results
- Master Unity scripting using C# through step-by-step demonstrations
- Create enemy AI systems
- Script character animations
- Program directional and conditional sound effects as well as background music
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Course Length : 1 hour 39 minutes and 46 seconds
ISBN : 1849696144
ISBN 13 : 9781849696142
Author(s) : Kyle D'Aoust
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Game Development, Video
Table of Contents
- Creating a Background Audio Controller [16:03 minutes]
- Creating a Background Music Playlist System
- Implementing Collision-based Changes
- Implementing Situational Changes
- Incorporating Sound Effects [12:54 minutes]
- Create Input-based Sound Effects
- Implementing Environmental Sound Effects
- Implementing Background Music
- How to make 2D Parallax Backgrounds [14:35 minutes]
- Create A Basic 2D Parallax Background
- Implement Basic Character Movement into the Background
- Create an Advanced 2D Parallax Background
- How to make 3D Parallax Backgrounds [08:41 minutes]
- Create the 3D Parallax
- Implement Character Controls Part 1
- Implement Character Controls Part 2
- Creating an Enemy Character Controller [12:31 minutes]
- Create Character States
- Create Character Animations
- Test Character States and Animations
- Creating Enemy AI [14:54 minutes]
- Create Stationary Enemy AI
- Create Patrolling Enemy AI
- Implement Behaviors to the AI
- Creating Level Changing Systems [09:51 minutes]
- Create a Collision-based Level Changing System
- Create a GUI-based Level Changing System
- Create a Random Level Changing System
- Creating an Item Carry-Over System [10:17 minutes]
- Create PlayerPrefs for Items
- Create Save System for PlayerPrefs
- Create Load System for PlayerPrefs
Associated code downloads are included in the zip file of the purchased video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Create a background audio controller
- Incorporate directional and conditional sound effects
- Make 2D and 3D parallax backgrounds
- Create an enemy character controller
- Script an enemy AI
- Create level changing systems
- Save and load data
Who this video course is for
This video course is for anyone who has at least a basic knowledge of programming and/or experience with Unity programming. If you have programming experience but haven't used Unity before, or if you have Unity programming skills and are looking to expand them, then this course is perfect for you.
Mastering Unity 4 Scripting will show you the ropes for all the tools you'll need to make just about any game. Whether it's 2D or 3D, a first-person shooter or puzzle game, everything you need to know, will be covered in this course.
Mastering Unity 4 Scripting will teach you everything you need to know in order to make a wide variety of games. This course covers valuable topics such as audio, animation, saving and loading data, as well as scripting behavioral artificial intelligence - all of which will be discussed in a systematic and simple series of videos.
This course begins by demonstrating how to program audio, then delves into AI scripting, and then wraps up with how to save and load data. Beginning with handling audio and sound effects, you then get into handling parallax backgrounds. After that, you will learn how to create an AI and character controller for a generic enemy. The course then wraps up by learning how to change levels and save/load data.
Mastering Unity 4 Scripting is a great course to learn all you need to get started with making your own games.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of programming and/or experience with Unity programming will find this course handy. Beginning with handling audio and sound effects, you will then get into handling parallax backgrounds. After that, you will learn how to create an AI and character controller for a generic enemy. The course then wraps up by teaching you how to change levels and save/load data - everything you need to get started with making your own games.