Mastering Unit Testing Using Mockito and JUnit
|Also available on:|
- Create meaningful and maintainable automated unit tests using advanced JUnit features and the Mockito framework
- Build an automated continuous integration environment to get real-time feedback on broken code, code coverage, code quality, and integration issues
- Covers best practices and presents insights on architecture and designs to create faster and reliable unit testing environments
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 314 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1783982500
ISBN 13 : 9781783982509
Author(s) : Sujoy Acharya
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: JUnit 4 – a Total Recall
Chapter 2: Automating JUnit Tests
Chapter 3: Test Doubles
Chapter 4: Progressive Mockito
Chapter 5: Exploring Code Coverage
Chapter 6: Revealing Code Quality
Chapter 7: Unit Testing the Web Tier
Chapter 8: Playing with Data
Chapter 9: Solving Test Puzzles
Chapter 10: Best Practices
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Write advanced JUnit test cases using advanced JUnit 4 features
- Automate JUnit test cases using Gradle, Maven, and Ant scripting
- Practice continuous integration with Jenkins and Ant, Maven, and Gradle scripting
- Monitor code quality with the SonarQube dashboard
- Analyze static code using PMD, Checkstyle, and FindBugs
- Master code coverage with Clover, Cobertura, EclEmma, and JaCoCo
- Design for testability and refactor legacy code
- Practice test-driven development with Mockito
It is insanity to keep doing things the same way and expect them to improve. Any program is useful only when it is functional; hence, before applying complex tools, patterns, or APIs to your production code, checking software functionality is must. Automated JUnit tests help you verify your assumptions continuously, detect side effects quickly, and also help you save time.
This book will provide the skills you need to successfully build and maintain meaningful JUnit test cases. You will begin with how to use advanced JUnit 4 features, improve code coverage, automate JUnit tests, monitor code quality, write JUnit tests for the database and web tier refactor legacy code, mock external dependencies using Mockito, and write testable code using test-driven development. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly master the advanced JUnit features.
A practical and easy-to-follow, yet comprehensive, guide to learning advanced JUnit testing. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive, there are more details of the concepts used.
Who this book is for
This book is for you if you are a developer with some experience in Java application development as well as a basic knowledge of JUnit testing. But for those whose skill set is void of any prior experience with JUnit testing, the book also covers basic fundamentals to get you acquainted with the concepts before putting them into practise.