Mastering Python Design Patterns
|Also available on:|
- Simplify design pattern implementation using the power of Python
- Each pattern is accompanied with a real-world example demonstrating its key features
- This is an easy-to-follow guide focusing on the practical aspects of Python design patterns
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 199 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2015
ISBN : 1783989327
ISBN 13 : 9781783989324
Author(s) : Sakis Kasampalis
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore Factory Method and Abstract Factory for object creation
- Clone objects using the Prototype pattern
- Make incompatible interfaces compatible using the Adapter pattern
- Secure an interface using the Proxy pattern
- Choose an algorithm dynamically using the Strategy pattern
- Extend an object without subclassing using the Decorator pattern
- Keep the logic decoupled from the UI using the MVC pattern
Python is an object-oriented, scripting language which is used in a wide range of categories. In software engineering, a design pattern is a recommended solution to a software design problem. Although not new, design patterns remain one of the hottest topics in software engineering and they come as a ready reference for software developers to solve the common problems they face at work.
This book is a detailed guide focusing on widely used Python design patterns.
This book will take you through each and every design pattern explained with the help of real-world examples. The aim of the book is to introduce more low-level detail and concepts on how to work with the Python framework, not just focusing on what to do with Python frameworks. It includes small sections like troubleshooting, best practices, system architecture, and its design aspects. With the help of this book, you will be able to understand Python design pattern concepts and the framework, as well as issues and their resolution, focusing on all the 16 design patterns, which are used to solve everyday problems.
Mastering Python Design Patterns is an easy-to-follow manual focusing on the necessary parts used in Python. Each pattern is demonstrated using a different practical example. This book will prove to be a compact guide for pragmatic programmers who enjoy Python and want to improve their code design and problem solving skills.
Who this book is for
This book is for Python programmers with an intermediate background and an interest in design patterns implemented in idiomatic Python. Programmers of other languages who are interested in Python can also benefit from this, but it's better if they first read some introductory materials that explain how things are done in Python.