Mastering openFrameworks: Creative Coding Demystified
|Also available on:|
- A step-by-step practical tutorial that explains openFrameworks through easy to understand examples
- Makes use of next generation technologies and techniques in your projects involving OpenCV, Microsoft Kinect, and so on
- Sample codes and detailed insights into the projects, all using object oriented programming
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1849518041
ISBN 13 : 9781849518048
Author(s) : Chris Yanc
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source, Web Graphics & Video
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create custom graphics, import and use external images, and learn to manipulate the image data
- Load videos to be used in your openFrameworks applications
- Add audio for feedback or use sound to create an interactive experience
- Import different addons to quickly expand the capabilities of your openFrameworks applications
- Integrate OpenCV with an openFrameworks addon to track objects from a live video feed
- Learn to track colors and blobs, and integrate them in your projects
- Draw in 3D and use different primitive 3D Shapes and also learn to use threads to speed up your openFrameworks applications
- Make use of the revolutionary Microsoft Kinect to build openFrameworks applications that recognize gestures, trace data to perform many cool actions, and much more
openFrameworks is a powerful programming toolkit and library designed to assist the creative process through simplicity and intuitiveness. It's a very handy software library written in C++ to reduce the software development process, helping you kick-start creative coding. This tutorial presents key areas in a clear and practical manner with interesting examples to begin building your own visually impactful and interactive openFrameworks projects.
"Mastering OpenFrameworks: Creative Coding Demystified" is a great way to learn to develop stunning and interactive applications, all using openFrameworks. This book presents key development techniques and practical examples to gain inspiration for your future projects and take your creativity to the next level. This book will unlock secrets to program visually impactful and interactive openFrameworks projects, like never before.
This book helps you kick-start creative coding, thus enabling you to develop visually impactful and fully interactive openFrameworks applications.
The key parts are presented in a clear and easy to understand manner and examples are provided throughout the book. Readers will learn the most used techniques for creating amazing visuals, embedding video and sound, and building highly interactive projects. The use of cameras for doing motion control and object tracking using OpenCV will take your creativity to a new level, and so will the use of the Microsoft Kinect to bring stunning interactivity to your applications.
This book gives clear and effective instructions, stuffed with practical examples, to build your own fun, stunning and highly-interactive openFrameworks applications. Each chapter is focused differently and has a new theme to it.
Who this book is for
This book targets visual artists, designers, programmers and those interested in creative coding by getting started with openFrameworks. This book will help you understand the capabilities of openFrameworks to help you create visually stunning and fully interactive applications. You should have a basic knowledge of object oriented programming, such as C++, Java, Python, ActionScript 3, etc