Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization
|Also available on:|
- Perform UAG extension magic with high level tips and tricks only few have had knowledge of – until now!
- Get to grips with UAG customization for endpoint detection, client components, look and feel, and much more in this book and e-book
- An advanced, hands on guide with customization tips and code samples for extending UAG
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 1: Customization Building Blocks
Chapter 2: Customizing UAG's Look and Feel
Chapter 3: Customizing Endpoint Detection and Policies
Chapter 4: The Application Wrapper and SRA
Chapter 5: Creating Custom Application Templates
Chapter 6: Custom Certificate Authentication
Chapter 7: Custom Authentication Repositories
Chapter 8: Extending the Login Process with Customization
Chapter 9: Customizing Endpoint Components
Chapter 10: Additional Customizations
- Chapter 1: Customization Building Blocks
- Introduction to UAG and how it works
- The UAG detection, login, and authentication flow
- Fetching pages from applications
- Single Sign On
- Host Address Translation (HAT)
- Customization and supportability
- The CustomUpdate mechanism
- Other web technologies
- Reading, editing, and debugging ASP code
- A word about security
- Further reading
- Chapter 2: Customizing UAG's Look and Feel
- Honey, I wouldn't change a thing!
- The UI pages
- Customizing the login and admin pages
- Customizing the portal
- Portal application icons
- Changing texts
- Adding a user interface language
- Another tip for text changing
- Portal selection for clients
- Chapter 3: Customizing Endpoint Detection and Policies
- How does endpoint detection work?
- Things you can do with custom detection scripts
- Creating and placing a custom detection script
- Custom detection script tips
- Integrating custom detection with endpoint policies
- Troubleshooting and debugging detection scripts
- Endpoint detection in the real world
- Chapter 4: The Application Wrapper and SRA
- What content alteration can do for you
- The Application Wrapper and SRA configuration files
- How the AppWrap and SRA engines work
- Having your own way
- AppWrap syntax
- More fun with AppWrap
- SRA syntax
- Chapter 5: Creating Custom Application Templates
- Building SSL-VPN templates
- Creating your own templates
- Template customizations and enhancements
- More parameters used in the template
- SSL-VPN specific settings and configuration
- Tying in to the SSL-VPN template list
- Chapter 6: Custom Certificate Authentication
- Certificate authentication concepts and terminologies
- UAG and certificate authentication
- Understanding the pieces of cert authentication for UAG
- Certificate authentication with KCD
- Troubleshooting certificate authentication
- Chapter 7: Custom Authentication Repositories
- How does custom authentication work?
- Verifying usernames
- Working with an SQL database
- More elaborate code
- Testing and debugging your code
- Putting it all together
- Chapter 8: Extending the Login Process with Customization
- The UAG authentication flow
- Creating a Post Post Validate file
- Integrating your own code and interacting with UAG's COM object
- Putting data into the session
- Adding parameters
- Sending data to the backend server
- More ideas
- Chapter 9: Customizing Endpoint Components
- Controlling component deployment
- Adding links to the portal for the client installation
- Customizing SSTP
- Chapter 10: Additional Customizations
- Customizations to the UAG console
- Remote management and monitoring of UAG
- Remote management software
- Monitoring UAG health by SIEM software or a load balancer
- Additional files you can customize
- Extending File Access with DFS shares
- Skipping cookie signing
- Custom logouts
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with customizing the look-and-feel of the log in and portal pages
- Configure UAG for custom authentication, including certificate authentication
- Create custom endpoint detection and policies based on your own scripts
- Take advantage of adjusting content on-the-fly to address application compatibility issues
- Understand how to inject functionality into the log in process
- Go further by performing various text, language, theme and image customizations
- Soak up the knowledge of UAG experts to utilize extension and customization secrets
While UAG is built to integrate with many environments and publish dozens of application types, many organizations require a certain level of customization to meet their needs.
With this book in hand, you will be equipped to deal with these types of customization scenarios, and you will be confident in using such workarounds without hassle and trial and error.
Written by some of the leading experts on UAG, “Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization” covers the most complex and challenging options for customizing UAG in a way that is friendly and easy to follow. It walks you through various customization tasks, including explanations and code samples, as well as creative ideas for troubleshooting your work.
Until now, only a few of the extensions to UAG’s services have been publicly available, and most were only known to a select few. Now, this can include you!
Throughout this book, you will tackle how to change the system’s look-and-feel, deal with advanced authentication schemes and write special functions that need to be executed as part of the client interaction.
With “Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization”, you too can learn how to customize various aspects of UAG’s functionality to enhance your organization or customers’ experience.
“Mastering Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Customization” is a hands-on guide with step-by-step instructions for enhancing the functionality of UAG through customization.
Each topic details one key aspect of functionality and the operative mechanism behind it, and suggests functionality that can be achieved with customization, along with helpful code samples.
Who this book is for
Whether you are a seasoned UAG consultant, deployment and support engineer or a UAG customer, this book is for you. Consultants will be able to enhance the services you can provide for UAG customization, while the book helps customers to achieve tasks that have been restricted to the realm of expert consultants until now.