|Also available on:|
- Master the development of your web applications by combining Grunt with an army of other useful tools
- Learn about the key tasks behind devops integration and automation so you can utilize Grunt in a team-working environment
- Accelerate your web development abilities by employing best practices, including SEO, page speed optimization, and responsive design
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 110 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 1783980923
ISBN 13 : 9781783980925
Author(s) : Daniel Li
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Developing a Blog with Jade and Sass
Chapter 3: Making an Employee Management System
Chapter 4: Final Project – Simple Bulletin Board System
Chapter 5: Best Practices for Modern Web Applications
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Build any web application using Grunt.js
- Explore the basics revolving around source control with Git
- Understand the importance behind package management with npm and Bower
- Use Grunt alongside Jade, the templating engine, to automate the compression and obfuscation process
- Ease the compilation process by working with Sass, a CSS preprocessor
- Understand the fundamentals involved in CoffeeScript development
- Automate the frontend testing process using Grunt
Grunt.js continues to excel as the build automation tool of choice. Along with its support for many third-party technologies, Grunt is packaged with a clean API for defining tasks. This powerful tool can streamline your workflow by automating the preparation tasks for production, such as compression, compilation, obfuscation, testing, and even pushing your web application live. This book will teach you how to master build automation and testing with Grunt. You will have the opportunity to utilize the latest and in-demand web tools, such as Git, Jade, CoffeeScript, Sass, and the Mocha testing engine, across several exciting projects by combining Grunt with them. You will also learn to create a project – a simple Bulletin Board System (BBS), which will explain the use of Grunt alongside the Mocha testing library to automate testing throughout the build process.
Mastering Grunt will demonstrate how to leverage Grunt with other technologies to become an expert in build automation, teaching you the best practices for modern web development along the way.
This easy-to-understand tutorial provides you with several engaging projects that show you how to utilize Grunt with various web technologies, teaching you how to master build automation and testing with Grunt in your applications.
Who this book is for
This book will give web developers and sysadmins a head start in fully understanding the importance of the described web technologies and how to automate their processes using Grunt.