Mastering Clojure Data Analysis
|Also available on:|
- Explore the concept of data analysis using established scientific methods combined with the powerful Clojure language
- Master Naïve Bayesian Classification, Benford's Law, and much more in Clojure
- Learn with the help of examples drawn from exciting, real-world data
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 340 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1783284137
ISBN 13 : 9781783284139
Author(s) : Eric Rochester
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Network Analysis – The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
Chapter 2: GIS Analysis – Mapping Climate Change
Chapter 3: Topic Modeling – Changing Concerns in the State of the Union Addresses
Chapter 4: Classifying UFO Sightings
Chapter 5: Benford's Law – Detecting Natural Progressions of Numbers
Chapter 6: Sentiment Analysis – Categorizing Hotel Reviews
Chapter 7: Null Hypothesis Tests – Analyzing Crime Data
Chapter 8: A/B Testing – Statistical Experiments for the Web
Chapter 9: Analyzing Social Data Participation
Chapter 10: Modeling Stock Data
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 23 Jun 2014
Type: Grammar | Page no: 1
companies no long seem to want
companies no longer seem to want
Page: 4 and 11 | Type: None
[clojure.set :as set] is required twice.
What you will learn from this book
- Use geospatial data to learn about geographical patterns in data
- Use sentiment analysis to determine people's opinions from online reviews
- Frame and implement statistical experiments
- Use A/B testing to determine the best
- UI to keep users engaged
- Work with time series data
- Learn how to use parallelization and concurrency to work with large datasets
- Use topic modeling to find the subjects discussed in a group of documents
- Use network analysis to learn about online social networks
Clojure is a Lisp dialect built on top of the Java Virtual Machine. As data increasingly invades more and more parts of our lives, we continually need more tools to deal with it effectively. Data can be organized effectively using Clojure data tools.
Mastering Clojure Data Analysis teaches you how to analyze and visualize complex datasets. With this book, you'll learn how to perform data analysis using established scientific methods with the modern, powerful Clojure programming language with the help of exciting examples drawn from real-world data. This will help you get to grips with advanced topics such as network analysis, the characteristics of social networks, applying topic modeling to get a handle on unstructured textual data, and GIS analysis to apply geospatial techniques to your data analysis problems.
With this guide, you'll learn how to leverage the power and flexibility of Clojure to dig into your data and access the insights it hides.
This book consists of a practical, example-oriented approach that aims to help you learn how to use Clojure for data analysis quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is for
This book is great for those who have experience with Clojure and need to use it to perform data analysis. This book will also be hugely beneficial for readers with basic experience in data analysis and statistics.