Mastering Clojure Data Analysis
|Also available on:|
- Explore the concept of data analysis using established scientific methods combined with the powerful Clojure language
- Master Naïve Bayesian Classification, Benford's Law, and much more in Clojure
- Learn with the help of examples drawn from exciting, real-world data
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 350 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2014
ISBN : 1783284137
ISBN 13 : 9781783284139
Author(s) : Eric Rochester
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Use geospatial data to learn about geographical patterns in data
- Use sentiment analysis to determine people's opinions from online reviews
- Frame and implement statistical experiments
- Use A/B testing to determine the best UI to keep users engaged
- Work with timeseries data
- Learn how to use parallelization and concurrency to work with large datasets
- Use topic modeling to find the subjects discussed in a group of documents
- Use network analysis to learn about online social networks
Clojure programming language is a Lisp dialect built on top of the Java Virtual Machine. As data increasingly invades more and more parts of our lives, we continually need more tools to deal effectively with it. Data can be organized effectively using Clojure data tools such as Incanter, Clojuratica, Cascalog.
Mastering Clojure Data Analysis teaches you how to analyze and visualize complex datasets. With this book, you'll learn how to perform data analysis using established scientific methods with the modern, powerful Clojure programming language with the help of exciting examples drawn from real-world data.
This book illustrates practical data analysis methods and algorithms. By looking at real-world examples of how these methods and algorithms are applied, you will learn how to apply them to your own problems to get your own solutions quickly and efficiently.
Using Clojure, you will apply scientific data analysis methodologies to make your data ordered and organized. Mastering Clojure Data Analysis will help you get to grips with advanced topics like network analysis, the characteristics of social networks, applying topic modeling to get a handle on unstructured textual data, and GIS analysis to apply geospatial techniques to your data analysis problems.
With Mastering Clojure Data Analysis, you'll learn how to leverage the power and flexibility of Clojure to dig into your data and access the insights it hides.
This book consists of a practical, example-oriented approach that aims to help you learn how to use Clojure for data analysis quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is for
This book is great for those who have experience with Clojure and who need to use it to perform data analysis. This book will also be hugely beneficial for readers with basic experience in data analysis and statistics.