The Manager's Guide to Presentations
|Also available on:|
- Deliver a confident, compelling presentation that establishes you in your new role
- Rehearse your public speaking skills to engage your audience and motivate your new team
- Packed with practical exercises, worksheets and templates designed to help you give an exceptional first presentation as a new manager
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 44 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1783000147
ISBN 13 : 9781783000142
Author(s) : Lauren M. Hug
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Business Skills
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Embrace your own unique speaking and leadership style
- Develop powerful public speaking skills and a confident delivery of presentation materials
- Connect with team members, bosses and other audience members
- Define a clear and actionable presentation purpose
- Develop compelling content that will convince your team to act on your message
- Communicate information in ways that resonates with your target audience
- Connect with your audience and command their attention through eye contact, movement and other interactions
- Solicit feedback from key stakeholders to reinforce your leadership position
- Develop your signature leadership style and build key relationships by leveraging presentation planning to settle into your new role
Lauren Hug, founder of HugSpeak Coaching & Consulting, has been helping people reach and motivate audiences for 20 years. In this concise, friendly guide, she condenses her years of presentation expertise from the courtroom to the boardroom. Your presentations are a crucial part of establishing yourself as a leader. Developing a commanding presence and exceptional public speaking skills will mark you as a rising star within your organization. And it doesn't have to be daunting. Lauren will teach you how to speak with confidence, whether you're presenting to your employees, your boss or external stakeholders.
This accessible, practical book will walk you through the process step by step, from planning and developing your content, through mastering your materials, to delivering a dynamic performance and reaping the rewards in your career. With interactive exercises and templates, you'll learn how to embrace your signature speaking style, engage your audience, craft compelling content and speak like a pro. Along the way, you'll find yourself building relationships with team members and bosses alike, and developing valuable insights into your strengths as a manager. Through her positive and collaborative coaching approach, described as empowering, life-changing, and therapeutic, Lauren will help you shine as both a leader and a presenter.
Bursting with exercises, step by step instructions and templates, “The Manager's Guide to Presentations” is designed to coach you in mastering the presentation skills that will help you make your mark as a first time manager.
Who this book is for
If you have recently been promoted to a managerial or leadership position and are facing the first presentation required of you in your new role, then “The Manager's Guide to Presentations” is for you.