Instant Magento Shipping How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Set up popular shipping methods such as Table Rates
- Easily manage orders with reports and tools
- Order through the shipment phase
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 58 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782165401
ISBN 13 : 9781782165408
Author(s) : Robert Kent
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Instant, e-Commerce, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Magento Shipping How-to
- Instant Magento Shipping How-to
- Configuring shipping settings (Must know)
- Choosing your shipping method (Must know)
- Configuring your products for shipping (Must know)
- Advanced shipping methods (Should know)
- Shipping your orders (Should know)
- Changing order status for shipping stage (Become an expert)
- Shipping promotions and discounts (Become an expert)
- Handling your shipping reports (Become an expert)
- Customizing your shipping e-mails (Become an expert)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up different shipping settings for different store views
- Know the impact product types have on your shipping settings
- Save and upload a table rates spreadsheet with multiple shipping costs
- Learn the process of shipping your orders and customer communication
- Create a promotion to enable Free Shipping for customers from California
- Edit your email templates to incorporate your own messages
- Create new statuses for your orders to distinguish those that are delayed
- Creating new tax rules and rates
There is nothing worse for a customer than paying for an item online and never receiving it. As store owners, it is your responsibility to make sure each order is processed correctly, and more importantly—shipped. Configured correctly, Magento’s shipping settings will not only make your lives as vendors much easier, but will also, through good service, keep customers coming back for more.
Instant Magento Shipping How-to is a comprehensive guide on how to set up your Magento Shipping configuration. This book will also broaden your knowledge of the various systems within Magento that impact upon the shipping settings.
Instant Magento Shipping How-to will walk you through the steps required to conduct the initial configuration to allow shipping for your products, taking into account Tax settings and the different product types. Magento’s administration panel is a bit of a daunting system. Being able to customise all of Magento’s shipping settings is what makes the difference between a store that can take orders and ship them and a store that delivers on all levels.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant Magento Shipping How-to is a step-by-step guide to learn and understand the different shipping configurations and settings of Magento.
Who this book is for
This book is perfect for Magento store owners who wish to explore the possibilities of extending their shipping options for both themselves through order processing, and their customers through promotions and multiple shipping methods. It's also great for any store owner wishing to gain a bit more insight into the technical workings of Magento's administration panel.