Instant Magento Performance Optimization How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Tune your Magento installation for optimal performance
- Identify misconfigurations that can cause slow down
- Prepare your installation for clustering
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1782165428
ISBN 13 : 9781782165422
Author(s) : Nayrolles Mathieu
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Instant, e-Commerce, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Magento Performance Optimization How-to
- Instant Magento Performance Optimization How-to
- Merging CSS files (Must know)
- Logging files (Must know)
- Compiling (Must know)
- Managing the index (Must know)
- Removing PayPal's logo (Must know)
- Using the Magento caching system (Must know)
- Enhancing the expiration date (Should know)
- Keeping your connections alive (Should know)
- Storing your sessions in the database (Should know)
- Configuring MySQL (Should know)
- Using a memory-based filesystem for caching (Become an expert)
- Compressing your code – gzip (Become an expert)
- Installing a PHP accelerator (Become an expert)
- Clustering (Become an expert)
- Balancing load (Become an expert)
- Replicating the database (Become an expert)
- Checking the configuration (Must know)
- Clearing caches (Must know)
- Logging (Must know)
- Using template hints (Must know)
- Using the Profiler (Should know)
- Using a debugger (Should know)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Merge and compress your style and script files
- Compile Magento's core system
- Use indexes for your data for faster searches
- Fine-tune your caches
- Optimize your web server for Magento
- Optimize your database server for Magento
- Clustering your environment
- Use a memory based file system for improved performance
The optimization of an attractive commercial website is a non-trivial task that demands time and knowledge. Optimization is a critical point for all growing businesses because a misconfiguration could make you lose money, a lot of money. If your server is overloaded, a browser that wants to turn into a buyer will not be able to, and you will lose customers.
"Instant Magento Performance Optimization How-To" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step exercises to help you reach a high performance level for your Magento stores and keep your customers satisfied.
This book looks at tweaks and tips used to boost your Magento Performance, and breaks down the confusion that surrounds the subject.
You will learn how to compress your pages, styles, and scripts by almost 80%. We will also take a look at controversial optimization settings such as Magento core compilation or enabling all caching systems. You will discover new applications that improve performance. If you wish your e-businesses to grow and want to keep your customers satisfied, you definitely need this book.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.This a Packt Instant How-to, and provides a quick and easy way to improve your Magento performance with step-by-step instructions for important tasks.
Who this book is for
This book is written for Magento administrators who are familiar with the backend console but new to anything beyond this, and wish to optimize their store for increasing performance.