Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition: RAW
|Also available on:|
- Master the art of crafting one-liner command sequence to perform text processing, digging data from files, backups to sysadmin tools, and a lot more
- And if powerful text processing isn't enough, see how to make your scripts interact with the web-services like Twitter, Gmail
- Explores the possibilities with the shell in a simple and elegant way - you will see how to effectively solve problems in your day to day life
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 377 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2013
ISBN : 1782162747
ISBN 13 : 9781782162742
Author(s) : Shantanu Tushar
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Linux Servers, Open Source, RAW books
|1||Shell Something Out||IN THE BOOK|
|2||Have a good command
||IN THE BOOK|
|3||File in, File out||IN THE BOOK|
|4||Texting and Driving||IN THE BOOK|
|5||Tangled Web? Not At All!||IN THE BOOK|
|6||The Backup Plan
||IN THE BOOK|
|7||The Old-boy Network
|8||Put on the Monitor's Cap
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore a variety of regular usage tasks and how it can be made faster using shell command
- Write shell scripts that can dig data from web and process it with few lines of code
- Use different kinds of tools together to create solutions
- Interact with simple web API from scripts
- Perform and automate tasks such as automating backups and restore with archiving tools
- Create and maintain file/folder archives, compression formats and encrypting techniques with shell
- Set up Ethernet and Wireless LAN with the shell script
- Monitor different activities on the network using logging techniques
The shell remains one of the most powerful tools on a computer system — yet a large number of users are unaware of how much one can accomplish with it. Using a combination of simple commands, we will see how to solve complex problems in day to day computer usage.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition will take you through useful real-world recipes designed to make your daily life easy when working with the shell. The book shows the reader how to effectively use the shell to accomplish complex tasks with ease.
The book discusses basics of using the shell, general commands and proceeds to show the reader how to use them to perform complex tasks with ease.
Starting with the basics of the shell, we will learn simple commands with their usages allowing us to perform operations on files of different kind. The book then proceeds to explain text processing, web interaction and concludes with backups, monitoring and other sysadmin tasks.
Linux Shell Scripting Cookbook, Second Edition serves as an excellent guide to solving day to day problems using the shell and few powerful commands together to create solutions.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% of the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
This book is written in cookbook style and it offers learning through recipes with examples and illustrations. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions about everything necessary to execute a particular task. The book is designed so that you can read it from start to end for beginner's or just open up any chapter and start following the recipes as a reference for advanced users.
Who this book is for
This book is both for the casual GNU/Linux users who want to do amazing things with the shell, and for advanced users looking for ways to make their lives with the shell more productive.
You can start writing scripts and one-liners by simply looking at the similar recipe and its descriptions without any working knowledge of shell scripting or Linux. Intermediate/advanced users as well as system administrators/ developers and programmers can use this book as a reference when they face problems while coding.