Linux Mint Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Learn to use Linux Mint like a pro, starting with the installation and going all the way through maintaining your system
- Covers everything you need to know in order to be productive, including browsing the Internet, creating documents, and installing software
- Hands-on activities reinforce your knowledge
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 178216815X
ISBN 13 : 9781782168157
Author(s) : Jeremy LaCroix
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Grasp why Mint is a great choice
- Configure and install the distributions
- Discover the Cinnamon user interface
- Understand how to launch programs
- Get to know how to use shell commands
- Play music and videos
- Manage digital camera photos
- Maintain your system
Linux Mint is one of the most popular and proven distributions for beginners and advanced users alike. You will learn to install, use, and maintain your very own Linux system.
Your all-inclusive guide to Linux Mint, this book will teach you everything you need to know in order to use a Linux Mint system. The book starts with the installation process and covers task-oriented topics such as browsing the Internet, installing software, as well as shell commands. This guide walks the reader through installing and maintaining Linux Mint on a personal computer.
Using task-oriented examples, readers will journey through understanding what sets Mint apart, how to maintain it, and how to use it. Topics covered in the book include getting acquainted With Cinnamon, navigating the filesystem, software management, an introduction to the terminal, and more!
"Linux Mint Essentials" is your one-stop guide to understanding and utilizing this great distribution.
A task-oriented look at Linux Mint, using actual real-world examples to stimulate learning. Each topic is presented in an easy-to-follow order, with hands-on activities to reinforce the content.
Who this book is for
If you are starting out with Linux from a different platform, this book is for you. No previous Linux experience is required, though an understanding of basic computer usage (for example, using a mouse) is expected.