Instant Lift Web Applications How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Develop your own Lift web applications, find practical examples for many common use cases
- Learn how to build responsive web applications
- Hands-on recipes with accompanying source code to help you get up to speed quickly
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 96 pages
Release Date : January 2013
ISBN : 1849519781
ISBN 13 : 9781849519786
Author(s) : Torsten Uhlmann
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source, Web Development
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Lift Web Applications How-to
- Instant Lift Web Applications How-to
- When to use Lift
- Preparing your development environment (Simple)
- Preparing your Eclipse environment (Simple)
- Saying hello to Lift Boot (Simple)
- Designer friendly templates (Simple)
- Using Lift snippets (Simple)
- CSS selector bindings (Simple)
- Binding dynamic content (Medium)
- Managing page access (Simple)
- Building a dynamic menu structure (Advanced)
- Lift's MegaProtoUser (Medium)
- Handling forms (Simple)
- Form validation (Simple)
- Using Ajax (Simple)
- Going real time with Comet (Advanced)
- Lift and MongoDB (Advanced)
- MongoDB and Rogue (Advanced)
- Building a REST API (Medium)
- Integrating Twitter Bootstrap (Medium)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 4 submitted: last submission 17 Jul 2013
Errata type: Typo
Page No. 8: Please find the line "Security: Web applications are exposed to the world and have to deal with an ever increasing number of threads your application will be exposed to."
Here the word threads should be replaced with threats.
Errata type: Code
Page No. 10: Please find the line "Go into that directory or create it, and type in the following command: git://github.com/tuhlmann/packt-lift-howto.git"
Here, the command git://github.com/tuhlmann/packt-lift-howto.git should be replaced with git clone git://github.com/tuhlmann/packt-lift-howto.git.
Errata type: Typo
Page No. 13: Please find the line "To avoid confusion and frustration, please make sure to complete the steps given in the previous task ( http://scala-ide.org/)."
Here, the text in the brackets is wrong. It should be (For more information, please visit http://scala-ide.org/).
Errata type: Typo
Page No: 10
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and run your first Lift application
- Understanding Designer Friendly Templates
- Learn how CSS Selector Bindings work
- Utilise Lift's security features like SiteMap page access
- Learn how to use Lift with MongoDB and Rogue
- Build a REST API with Lift
- Create stunning user interfaces by integrating Twitter Bootstrap
The tools to build engaging and secure web applications are changing at a furious pace. Over the last few years the Lift framework along with the Scala programming language have emerged as a recognized toolset to develop secure, scalable, and responsive applications.
"Instant Lift Web Applications How-to" will help you get started with the Lift framework. Learn through practical and relevant examples how important tasks are accomplished, from setting up your development environment to extending your application with a REST API.
Through a number of clear, practical recipes you will be guided through setting up your development environment, starting your first Lift application, and developing practically relevant features for your own applications. You will be introduced to Lifts building blocks like Designer Friendly Templates, Snippets, and CSS Selectors. Learn how to integrate AJAX into your applications and how to make them even more responsive with Comet updates from the server to the browser. We will talk about REST API integration as well as integrating CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap into your own applications. Learn everything you need to know to start developing engaging, real life web applications with the Lift framework and the key features Lift offer you to be able to understand its benefits.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Packt How-to books follow practical examples to quickly and easily instruct in the use of a toolset.
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who want to start developing Lift applications and learn about the Lift framework and its amazing capabilities, and for people who want to become comfortable with the Lift toolset so they can quickly get up to speed with Lift and begin developing their first applications. The practical descriptions within the book quickly show the reader whether Lift has the right features for them. This book is for people who have some basic knowledge and understanding of the Scala language.