Learning OpenShift: RAW
|Also available on:|
- Use the OpenShift Online Platform as a Service to speed up application development and deployment
- Explore how to manage an application’s lifecycle including performance monitoring, debugging application code, and working in a team environment
- Enhance applications with add-on cartridges for job scheduling, database systems, continuous integration and management tools
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 360 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2014
ISBN : 1783980966
ISBN 13 : 9781783980963
Author(s) : Grant Shipley
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud, Open Source, RAW books
|1||Creating Your First OpenShift Application
||IN THE BOOK|
|2||Creating and Managing Applications||IN THE BOOK|
|3||Application Maintenance||IN THE BOOK|
|4||Using an Integrated Development Environment||IN THE BOOK|
|5||Creating and Deploying Java (EE) Applications
|6||Creating and Deploying Spring Framework Java Applications
|7||Adding Continuous Integration to Applications||JULY 2014|
|8||Using Openshift for Team Development||JULY 2014|
|9||Using and Understanding the Web Console||JULY 2014|
|10||Debugging Your Applications||JULY 2014|
|11||Using the Marker System for No Application Downtime||JULY 2014|
|12||Scaling Your Application||JULY 2014|
|13||Using the Marker System for No Application Downtime||JULY 2014|
|Appendix B||JULY 2014|
|Appendix C||JULY 2014|
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Master OpenShift Online by using the command line, web console, and IDE integrations
- Develop applications that will automatically scale based upon the number of concurrent HTTP requests by utilizing HAProxy and multiple OpenShift gears
- Utilize continuous integration to perform builds and run automated test suites
- Leverage OpenShift Online to manage development teams with fine grained access permissions
- Debug applications deployed to the OpenShift Online service by leveraging remote debugging and logfiles
- Use add-on cartridges to provide database servers, cron job scheduling, deployments and metrics for your applications
- Extend the functionality of the OpenShift Platform by deploying custom servers using the Do It Yourself cartridge
- Create and deploy scalable Spring and JEE applications using both the Tomcat and JBoss Enterprise Application Platforms
Cloud computing and particularly Platform as a Service is rapidly changing the way software engineers approach software development. Without knowing the gritty details of the operating system and application servers, developers are able to use the OpenShift Online Platform to performance tune and achieve scalability whilst also ensuring that their applications are stable and reliable.
This book will guide you through the essential concepts necessary to use the OpenShift Platform. Whether you are a seasoned developer with years of experience or just starting to learn how to write software, this book will provide you with all of the information you need from account creation, installation and configuration of client tools, to integrating an IDE with the service, deployment and management of PHP and Java-based applications.
Starting with configuring your local environment to communicating with the OpenShift Online platform, you will learn how to leverage OpenShift to create and manage applications deployed to the public cloud. After your environment is set up and configured, get hands-on with developing some JavaEE and Spring-based applications and check how you can deploy them to both the Tomcat and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform application servers with ease.
You will gain insights into using JAX-RS and CDI to build a responsive geospatial application and more. With generous amounts of sample code and screenshots, this book will ensure your success in speeding up application development time while also creating enterprise class scalable applications.
This book is currently available as a RAW (Read As we Write) book. A RAW book is an ebook, and this one is priced at 20% off the usual eBook price. Once you purchase the RAW book, you can immediately download the content of the book so far, and when new chapters become available, you will be notified, and can download the new version of the book. When the book is published, you will receive the full, finished eBook.
If you like, you can preorder the print book at the same time as you purchase the RAW book at a significant discount.
Since a RAW book is an eBook, a RAW book is non returnable and non refundable.
Local taxes may apply to your eBook purchase.
An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide which is cleverly written so that even the most complex areas are easy to understand. The book has lots of “in action” examples to show you how to get underway with Openshift and how to speed up software development by leveraging the OpenShift Online Platform.
Who this book is for
If you are an intermediate to advanced developer with experience in web development concepts using either the PHP or Java programming languages, this book is ideal for you. Basic understand of using the command-line is preferred in order to follow along with the examples in the book.