Learning Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware vSphere
|Also available on:|
- Explore Veeam Backup and Replication v7 infrastructure and its components
- Create backup, replication, and restore strategies that protect data, your company's most valuable asset
- Includes advanced features like off-site replication and tape retention
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 110 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 1782174176
ISBN 13 : 9781782174172
Author(s) : Christian Mohn
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Veeam® Backup & Replication v7 for VMware
Chapter 2: Configuring Backups
Chapter 3: Restoring Data
Chapter 4: Replicating Virtual Machines
Chapter 5: Other Features
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and manage a Veeam® Backup & Replication v7 infrastructure
- Discover how to back up and restore data in virtual environments
- Learn how agentless backups work, and how they help protect mission critical data
- Utilize WAN acceleration to speed up backup to remote locations
- Master the "3-2-1" rule for storing backups
- Learn how to use single-item restores to speed up the recovery process
- Understand what options are available for Veeam® Backup & Replication, and how to configure these options
Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware is a backup and replication solution that provides data protection for virtualized VMware vSphere environments. This powerful and easy-to-use solution helps administrators rest assured that their data is protected, while at the same time retaining the flexibility that virtualization provides.
"Learning Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware vSphere" starts with an introduction to Veeam® Backup & Replication, describing the prerequisites, requirements, and deployment steps needed to get the required infrastructure in place. It provides a description of its features and capabilities as well as useful tips on doing day-to-day administrative tasks. This book is a practical and hands-on guide to installing, configuring, and managing a backup infrastructure.
This is an easy-to-follow guide that will help you learn everything you need to know to administer backup, replication, and recovery in your VMware vSphere environment, with Veeam Backup and Replication.
Who this book is for
If you are a VMware vSphere administrator who is looking to protect your infrastructure by utilizing the world's leading modern data protection solution, specifically designed for virtual environments. A good understanding of VMware vSphere architecture is recommended, but prior knowledge of Veeam® Backup & Replication is not required.