|Also available on:|
- Create a virtual Network Simulation Environment rapidly
- Focus less on the theory and more on results, with clear, step-by-step instructions, previews, and examples to help you along the way
- Learn how to run and analyze a Network Simulation
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 102 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1849697140
ISBN 13 : 9781849697149
Author(s) : Thomas Chamberlain
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Networking & Telephony, Virtualisation
Table of ContentsPreface
Chapter 1: Getting Started with OMNeT++
Chapter 2: Installing OMNeT++
Chapter 3: OMNeT++ Simulations
Chapter 4: Creating and Running a Simulation
Chapter 5: Learning from Your Simulations
- Chapter 1: Getting Started with OMNeT++
- What this book will cover
- What is OMNeT++?
- The need for simulation
- Examples of simulation in the industry
- What you will learn
- Chapter 2: Installing OMNeT++
- Downloading OMNeT++ source code
- Prerequisites for compiling OMNeT++ from the source
- Installing OMNeT++ on Windows
- Installing OMNeT++ on Linux
- Compiling and installing on Windows
- Compiling and installing on Linux
- Running OMNeT++ IDE for the first time
- Running OMNeT++ on Linux
- Running OMNeT++ on Windows
- Downloading INET
- Importing INET to prepare for the next chapter
- Chapter 3: OMNeT++ Simulations
- Beginner to expert, low to high level
- Components that make up OMNet++ simulations
- Compound Module
- The NED language
- OMNeT++ configuration file
- Simulation frameworks
- Google Earth demo
- INET in detail
- Example INET simulations
- Chapter 4: Creating and Running a Simulation
- The OMNeT++ IDE
- Creating a new project
- Creating an empty project
- Importing a project
- Creating an example project
- Switching to another workspace
- Hello World network simulation
- What this simulation will do
- Defining your network
- Creating multiple scenarios
- Controlling the flow of your simulation
- Chapter 5: Learning from Your Simulations
- Gathering useful information
- Visualizing gathered data
- Vector charts
- Scalar charts
- Analysis of the Tictoc example project
- Generating capture packet data
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Get and install OMNeT++ on Windows and Linux
- Start creating a Network Simulation with OMNeT++
- Produce powerful and professional looking network simulations
- Define the behaviour of your Network Simulation
- Collect data from your Network Simulation
- Understand and display the collected data using various visualization methods
OMNeT++ is an extensible, modular, component-based C++ simulation library and framework, primarily for building network simulators. “Network" in a broader sense includes wired and wireless communication networks, on-chip networks, queueing networks, and so on. There are extensions for real-time simulation, network emulation, alternative programming languages (Java, C#), database integration, SystemC integration, and several other functions.
Learning OMNeT++ is an easy-to-follow, hands-on book that walks you through the steps necessary to get a Network Simulation up and running as quickly as possible. This book uses pre-existing OMNeT++ libraries to prevent you from needing to reinvent the wheel so that you can implement your simulations with ease.
OMNeT++ is a solution for creating accurate and modular Network Simulations. It will take you through all the steps necessary to allow you to create, run, and analyze your own Network Simulations.
You will model complex network simulations, and once you've covered the basics you will then learn how to make your simulations scalable and configurable so they can become truly accurate and useful.
The books’s practical approach will teach you how to create and run Network Simulations using OMNeT++, as well as how to use pre-existing OMNeT++ libraries.
The book uses a concise and practical approach to take you through all the steps necessary to create, run, and analyze your own Network Simulations.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone wishing to quickly get to grips with Network Simulation whether you're an expert in networks or just a beginner. It is perfect for all network engineers and administrators who wish to emulate networks using OMNet++ as a preparation for building the actual network.