|Also available on:|
- Automate your VMware vSphere environment including hosts, clusters, storage, and vCenter Server virtual machines and networks
- Create good-looking, clean reports in no time, increasing your efficiency
- Get to grips with PowerCLI to automate routine tasks using practical examples
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 324 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1782170162
ISBN 13 : 9781782170167
Author(s) : Robert van den Nieuwendijk
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Download and install PowerCLI
- Add hosts to VMware vCenter Server
- Configure vSphere Auto Deploy
- Use the esxcli command from PowerCLI
- Create OS Customization Specs
- Monitor virtual machine performance
- Configure distributed virtual switches and storage I/O Control
- Enable VM and Application Monitoring
- Manage licenses for multiple hosts to migrate them easily
- Configure an alarm to monitor your networks virtual machines
- Generate a good-looking HTML report in no time
VMware vSphere PowerCLI is a powerful command-line tool to automate all aspects of a VMware vSphere environment. PowerCLI is built on top of the popular Windows PowerShell, with which you can automate server tasks and reduce manual input, allowing you to focus on more important tasks.
"Learning PowerCLI" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a thorough knowledge of VMware vSphere PowerCLI. This knowledge will help you to automate your routine tasks so you can save valuable time.
"Learning PowerCLI" introduces you to VMware vSphere PowerCLI, from downloading and installing the software to creating good-looking reports of your VMware vSphere environment.
You will learn about working with host profiles, configuring virtual switches, removing snapshots, configuring Storage DRS, working with affinity rules, configuring an alarm, and managing roles and permissions. You will learn everything you need to know to get started with automating your VMware vSphere infrastructure. All the examples in Learning PowerCLI can be used directly in your environment.
"Learning PowerCLI" is written in a friendly and practical style with a focus on getting you started and automating daily tasks quickly and efficiently. If you manage or administrate a vSphere environment, and want to make that easier and more efficient, then this book is for you!
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for you if you want to learn how to automate your VMware vSphere infrastructure, by getting the most out of PowerCLI. It’s assumed that you have some experience in administrating a VMware vSphere environment. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Windows PowerShell is not a prerequisite.