Learning Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control
|Also available on:|
- Understand the advantages of using Dynamic Access Control and how it simplifies access control
- Learn how to monitor, maintain, and secure your Dynamic Access Control environment
- Troubleshoot and solve common misconfigurations and problems with professional techniques
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 146 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 178217818X
ISBN 13 : 9781782178187
Author(s) : Jochen Nickel
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting in Touch with Dynamic Access Control
Chapter 2: Understanding the Claims-based Access Model
Chapter 3: Classification and the File Classification Infrastructure
Chapter 4: Access Control in Action
Chapter 5: Auditing a DAC Solution
Chapter 6: Integrating Rights Management Protection
Chapter 7: Extending the DAC Base Solution
Chapter 8: Automating the Solution
Chapter 9: Troubleshooting
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how Dynamic Access Control can help your organization control access to information
- Identify and get to know the main building blocks and functionality of Dynamic Access Control
- Create Central Access and Auditing Policies, including Transformation Policies
- Classify information using different methods, including a deep dive into the File Classification infrastructure
- Design and implement Rights Management integration
- Extend your solution with third-party tools in particular for classification
- Integrate Dynamic Access Control in SharePoint and other products
- Discover the possibilities you get by using Dynamic Access Control for BYOD
- Explore how other Microsoft solutions can be used as an enhancement of your solution
Identifying and classifying information inside a company is one of the most important prerequisites for securing the sensitive information of various business units. Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control helps you not only to classify information, but it also gives you the opportunity and the functionality to provide a safe-net policy across your file servers, showing you some helpful ways of auditing and access denied assistance to improve usability.
Understanding the architecture, the design, and implementing the solution, to troubleshooting will be covered in a practical and easy-to-read manner. This book is packed with project-based examples with plenty of information about the architecture, functionality, and extensions of Dynamic Access Control to help you excel in real-life projects. The book guides you through all the stages of a successful implementation of Dynamic Access Control.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control will teach you everything you need to know to create your own projects, and is an essential resource for reviewing or extending already existing implementations.
The book initially takes you through the task of understanding all of the functionality and extensions with ideas and overviews to help guide you in the decision process. The whole architecture will be explained in the main building blocks of Dynamic Access control. You will have a strong foundation and understanding of the claims model and Kerberos. Classifying information, the hardest part of the prerequisites to fulfil, is also covered in depth. You will also spend time understanding conditional expressions, and the method used to deploy them across your file server infrastructure. A special chapter is included for handling the data quality and the integration in other systems and strategies. Last, but not least, to get your solution up and running you will learn how to troubleshoot a Dynamic Access Control solution.
This practical tutorial-based book is filled with information about the architecture, functionality, and extensions of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control
Who this book is for
If you are an IT consultant/architect, system engineer, system administrator, or security engineers planning to implement Dynamic Access Control in your organization, or have already implemented it and want to discover more about the abilities and how to use them effectively, this book will be an essential resource.
You should have some understanding of security solutions, Active Directory, Access Privileges/ Rights and Authentication methods, and a fundamental understanding of Microsoft technologies. Programming knowledge is not required but can be helpful for using PowerShell or the APIs to customize your solution.