Learning Magento Theme Development
|Also available on:|
- Create a custom theme from scratch for your Magento store
- Change the basics of your Magento theme from the logo of your store to the color scheme of your theme
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step guide on how to get up and running with Magento themes
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 205 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1783280611
ISBN 13 : 9781783280612
Author(s) : Richard Carter
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover Magento theme terminology and get to grips with the Magento platform
- Change the fundamentals of your Magento theme from the logo to product image placeholders
- Implement your own custom Magento theme using Magento templates, layout files, and CSS
- Find techniques to improve your store for visitors on mobile and tablet devices
- Customize your Magento store’s transactional emails
Magento is an open source eCommerce solution. It comes with a variety of tools necessary to building a successful online shop. Magento offers many built-in capabilities, such as promotion pricing and coupon codes, detailed statistics, and SEO options. This book will help you build your own store and help you broaden your customer reach.
The book is a step-by-step guide to theming Magento 1.8, aimed at readers with little technical expertise. Starting with simple changes you can make to customize your store, from changing the logo and favicon to other simple configurable items, the book moves on to cover more in-depth theming techniques to help you to build a fully custom Magento theme you can be proud of.
A step-by-step guide to creating your very own Magento theme to help you excel in the world of e-commerce. With tips and tricks and easy to follow instructions, this book walks you through Magento theme design and development at a steady pace.
Who this book is for
This book is for web designers and developers with existing knowledge of CSS, HTML, and XML, who wish to learn more about Magento-specific theming techniques.
Some knowledge of PHP may be useful, but is not necessary.