Learning Force.com Application Development
|Also available on:|
- Design, build, and customize real-world applications on the Force.com platform
- Reach out to users through public websites and ensure that your Force.com application becomes popular
- Discover the tools that will help you develop and deploy your application
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 333 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2014
ISBN : 1782172793
ISBN 13 : 9781782172796
Author(s) : Chamil Madusanka
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Enterprise
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Design, develop, customize and deploy application on the Force.com platform
- Build a data model and standard user interfaces on the Force.com platform
- Develop Force.com applications for multiple users and protect data of the organization
- Implement the application’s business processes using Validation Rules, Approval Processes, and Workflows
- Use Data Management operations and tools on the Force.com application
- Make custom pages using Visualforce and custom controllers using Apex
- Create Reports, Dashboards and E-mail services on the Force.com platform
- Construct Force.com sites that allow the application to be extended out into the broader population of users through the use of a public website
- Employ tools available on the Force.com platform
Cloud platforms allow developers to create apps and run them on the cloud, including platforms used in building on-demand applications and platforms as a service (PaaS). No-one can dispute the sheer power and breadth of the Force.com cloud development platform and its influence on thousands of developers across the world. The staggering number of technologies on offer can cause confusion among developers when it comes to using them to build real-world applications.
Starting with an introduction to the Force.com model, key features and advantages of the Force.com platform, this book delves into the design and development of applications on the Force.com platform. Particular emphasis is given to building the data model and user interfaces of the Force.com application, designing the Force.com application for multiple users, and protecting data related to your application.
This book also covers the most important features of the Force.com platform such as preserving data quality with validation rules, automating the business process by using workflows and approval processes, data management operations and tools, reports and dashboards, email service related features of the Force.com platform, and deploying a Force.com application.
Through the course of the book, you will learn not only declarative (point-click) developments, but also programmatic developments such as building custom pages using Visualforce and custom coding using Apex. By the end of the book, you will have learned about the Force.com tools including the Force.com IDE and standard Visualforce components that are used to develop build Visualforce pages.
This book is a hands-on guide aimed at developing applications on the Force.com platform. You will focus on a single real-world example and build on it to help you understand how to use tools and features on the Force.com platform.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer who wants to learn how to develop and deploy applications from the Salesforce.com platform, then this book is for you. No prior knowledge of Salesforce is necessary.