Learning Ext JS 3.2
|Also available on:|
- Learn to build consistent, attractive web interfaces with the framework components
- Integrate your existing data and web services with Ext JS data support
- Extend Ext JS through custom components
- An interactive tutorial packed with loads of example code and illustrative screenshots
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: The Staples of Ext JS
Chapter 3: Forms
Chapter 4: Menus, Toolbars, and Buttons
Chapter 5: Displaying Data with Grids
Chapter 6: Editor Grids
Chapter 7: Layouts
Chapter 8: Ext JS Does Grow on Trees
Chapter 9: Windows and Dialogs
Chapter 10: Charting New Territory
Chapter 11: Effects
Chapter 12: Drag-and-drop
Chapter 13: Code for Reuse: Extending Ext JS
Chapter 14: Plugging In
Chapter 15: It's All About the Data
Chapter 16: Marshalling Data Services with Ext.Direct
Chapter 17: The Power of Ext JS: What Else Can You Do?
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 04 Apr 2012
Errata type: Technical | Page number: 33 | Errata date: 30 Dec 11
What you will learn from this book
- Create responsive forms
- Look at web applications from an entirely new perspective
- Learn to use the major UI components available in Ext JS
- Understand how external data can be consumed by Ext JS
- Query and process remote data into your application
- Build great-looking and friendly forms by using client and server-side field validation, form loading, submission, field customization, and layout techniques
- Use Layouts to bring all of the Ext JS pieces together
- Use Ext JS effects to manipulate the DOM in exciting ways
- Provide a consistent look and feel to your application using Components
- Change the visual style of Ext JS using theming support
- Create bar charts, linear charts, and pie charts using the chart widget to display information in a very simple way
- Find Custom Community Extensions to expand your applications
- Create your own custom library extensions
This book covers all of the major features of the Ext framework using interactive code and clear explanation coupled with loads of screenshots. Learning Ext JS will help you create rich, dynamic, and AJAX-enabled web applications that look good and perform beyond the expectations of your users.
From the building blocks of the application layout, to complex dynamic Grids and Forms, this book will guide you through the basics of using Ext JS, giving you the knowledge required to create rich user experiences beyond typical web interfaces. It will provide you with the tools you need to use AJAX, by consuming server-side data directly into the many interfaces of the Ext JS component library. You will also learn how to use all of the Ext JS widgets and components smartly, through interactive examples.By using a series of straightforward examples backed by screenshots, Learning Ext JS 3.2 will help you create web applications that look good and perform beyond the expectations of your users.
An example-led guide to instantly create impressive, rich internet applications using the Ext JS framework
The book provides plenty of fun example code and screenshots to guide you through the creation of examples to assist with learning. By taking a chapter-by-chapter look at each major aspect of the Ext JS framework, the book lets you digest the available features in small, easily understandable chunks, allowing you to start using the library for your development needs immediately.
Who this book is for