Learning ArchiCAD 17
|Also available on:|
- Create a house and a commercial office building in a virtual 3D environment
- Strategically placed best practice tips to help you create better and exciting models
- Step-by-step tutorial, covering the advanced tools and features of ArchiCAD while creating two complete construction projects
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 318 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : October 2014
ISBN : 1849697620
ISBN 13 : 9781849697620
Author(s) : Scott MacKenzie
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Acquaint yourself with various Project settings
- Explore the wide range of selection methods and modification features
- Create walls, floor slab, ceilings, and roofs of the residential and the commercial building
- Use the drafting and annotation tools
- Make objects and modify them to suit your needs
- Master view creation and graphic control
- Link and export files and discover the fundamentals of rendering
The 20th century technology of computer aided design software (CAD) has graduated into the 21st century technology as Building Information Modeling, known as BIM. ArchiCAD, a virtual building environment, is the preferred tool for architects all over the world. It retains its simplicity even when dealing with high level of detailing, which makes the job a lot easier for designers.
This book will teach you what you need to know to quickly learn how to use ArchiCAD. You will create two complete projects right from scratch, including a residential and a commercial building. The first is a small residential house that utilizes all the basic modeling and drafting tools in ArchiCAD. It will give you a firm grip on the fundamentals of ArchicAD before we move on to take up a more advanced and complex project that follows. The second project is a multi-storey commercial building where you will explore the leading-edge tools of ArchiCAD, thereby gaining the skills needed to use them in your own projects. The book will also take you through the design of the buildings, the output of all drawings, bills of materials, specifications, and associated construction documents. Best practice tips are inserted at key points along the way.
With the help of the two projects, the book ensures that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to take up any construction project, thus empowering you to successfully create your own projects.
The workflow of ArchiCAD is presented in an easy-to-understand fashion that will give you the foundation you need to be proficient in graphic control and create excellent construction documents. The book adopts an informal, but practical approach to ensure that you master the fundamentals of ArchiCAD before exploring the wide range of complex possibilities that the tool offers and using them in your projects.
Who this book is for
This book is for architects, architectural technicians, and construction professionals who are familiar with 2D CAD such as AutoCAD Lite, or have some exposure to a 3D BIM package such as Revit. No experience with ArchiCAD is required. If you want to learn the skills needed for architectural drawing production in the real world, then this book is for you.