Learning ArcGIS Geodatabases
|Also available on:|
- Covers the basics of building Geodatabases, using ArcGIS, from scratch
- Model the Geodatabase to an optimal state using the various optimization techniques
- Packed with real-world examples showcasing ArcGIS Geodatabase to build mapping applications in web, desktop, and mobile
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 158 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : June 2014
ISBN : 1783988649
ISBN 13 : 9781783988648
Author(s) : Hussein Nasser
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Authoring Geodatabases
Chapter 2: Working with Geodatabase Datasets
Chapter 3: Modeling Geodatabases
Chapter 4: Optimizing Geodatabases
Chapter 5: Programming Geodatabases
Chapter 6: Enterprise Geodatabases
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the benefits of geodatabases with practical illustrations
- Work with geodatabase datasets covering feature classes, tables, relationship classes, coverage, and annotations
- Model your geodatabase by creating a sturdy design that can sustain large edits and decrease maintenance
- Discover various tools to optimize queries and response time, which will help you to fine-tune your geodatabase
- Utilize Python scripting to author your geodatabase programmatically
- Set up and configure a full-fledged networked enterprise geodatabase using ArcSDE technology
- Add programming flavors to your geodatabase using Python
ArcGIS is an industry standard for geospatial development and management. A geodatabase is the database used to store and manage the spatial data.
Learning ArcGIS Geodatabases offers a comprehensive working and practical experience for readers who are interested in knowing about ArcGIS. The initial chapters guide you through authoring geodatabases and creating a geodatabase schema and datasets. Then, the book focuses extensively on modeling and optimizing geodatabases.
Finally, you will be able to work comfortably with datasets, annotations, and relationship classes, making it easier to migrate from a legacy database to an ArcGIS geodatabase.
This is a solution-based book, showcasing the real power of ArcGIS Geodatabase by following a real-world, example-based approach
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at geospatial developers who want to work with ArcGIS geodatabases as well as manage them. Having knowledge of building a geodatabase from scratch isn't a must; Learning ArcGIS Geodatabases is ideal for those who want to use ArcGIS geodatabase for the first time, or for those who want to migrate from their existing legacy database to a geodatabase.