Learning Apache Maven 3 [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- A practical example-driven approach to learning Apache Maven 3
- Grasp the fundamentals and extend Apache Maven 3 to meet your needs
- Learn to use Apache Maven with Java, Enterprise Frameworks, and various other cutting-edge technologies
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Friday, November 15, 2013
Course Length : 1 hour and 59 minutes
ISBN : 1782166661
ISBN 13 : 9781782166665
Author(s) : Kapila Bogahapitiya
Topics and Technologies : Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Apache Maven
- Installing Apache Maven on Windows
- Installing Apache Maven on Mac OS X
- Installing Apache Maven on Linux
- Integrating Maven with Eclipse
- Integrating Maven with NetBeans
- Integrating Maven with IntelliJ IDEA
- Sample Maven Application
- Creating a Sample Application with Maven
- Unit Testing with Maven
- Maven Core Concepts
- Maven Web Application
- Developing Web Applications with Maven
- Maven Dependency Management
- Struts2 Integration with Maven
- Hibernate Integration with Maven
- Spring Integration with Maven
- Maven Multi module Project
- Developing Multi Module Applications with Maven
- Implementing Web Service Module
- Implementing Web Service Client Module
- Implementing the Web Application Module
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Install, set up, and configure Apache Maven for your development environment
- Understand the Maven Build Lifecycle
- Learn about the Maven Dependency Management mechanism
- Explore test-driven development with Maven
- Integrate Spring and Hibernate frameworks into your Java Web applications
- Discover Maven project aggregation and Maven Project Object Model Inheritance
- Understand how multi-module project builds work
- Learn to build Java Web service applications with JAX-WS
Who this video course is for
If you are a Java developer who wants to get started in Apache Maven and use it with a range of emergent and enterprise technologies including Struts2, Spring, Hibernate, and JAX-WS, then this video course is for you. No prior knowledge of Apache Maven is required to follow along with the examples.
Learn to craft websites that provide an optimal viewing experience on any device using HTML5. We will walk you through Responsive Web Design from digital mock-ups to finished products.
Learning Apache Maven 3 will take you through a detailed guide on building a real world Java application, covering core concepts and terminologies along the way. This video course is your answer to almost all your needs for building high-quality Java applications with well-explained code and a number of illustrations to make your learning easier and faster.
Learning Apache Maven 3 starts by building a “hello world” Java application and then leads you to build multi-module projects containing an MVC web application, a web service, and a web service client module using Enterprise Java Frameworks.
You will start the video course by setting up a development environment to work with Apache Maven 3. You will then create simple Java applications, and next move on to more complex Java applications with Apache Maven as the build tool.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
This video course dives deep into the core concepts and terminologies of Apache Maven and enables you to get a firm grip on the basics in a step-by-step approach.