Instant Markdown [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Install and configure Markdown
- Learn Markdown syntax, right from basic to complex examples
- Full of focused examples on different services that you can use with Markdown
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 40 pages
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 1783559144
ISBN 13 : 9781783559145
Author(s) : Arturo Herrero
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Other, Web Development
Table of ContentsInstant Markdown
- Instant Markdown
- So, what is Markdown?
- The main features of Markdown
- Step 1 – Prerequisites
- Step 2 – Downloading and installing Perl
- MS Windows
- Mac OS X
- Linux distributions
- Step 3 – Verifying that Perl is working
- Step 4 – Downloading Markdown
- Step 5 – Running Markdown
- And that's it!!
- Quick start – Creating your first Markdown document
- Step 1 – Inserting paragraph and line breaks
- Step 2 – Inserting headers
- Setext style
- Atx style
- Step 3 – Inserting emphasis
- Step 4 – Inserting lists
- Ordered lists
- Unordered lists
- Nested lists
- Step 5 – Inserting links
- Step 6 – Inserting automatic links
- Step 7 – Inserting blockquotes
- Step 8 – Inserting code blocks
- Step 9 – Inserting code spans
- Step 10 – Inserting images
- Step 11 – Inserting horizontal rules
- Step 12 – Inserting backslash escapes
- Step 13 – Inserting HTML
- Top 8 features you'll want to know about
- 1 – Forum and discussion
- GitHub Flavored Markdown
- 2 – Writing e-mails
- 3 – Sharing a single document
- 4 – Blogging
- 5 – To-do lists
- 6 – Presentations
- 7 – Converting files to other formats
- 8 – Markdown extensions
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites:
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configuring Markdown
- Learn Markdown syntax
- Participate in forums and discussions
- Write emails
- Share documents
- Create to-do lists
- Produce presentations
- Convert Markdown files to other formats, such as PDF
- Use Markdown extensions
Markdown is becoming more and more popular. The simplicity of Markdown and the advantages that it has to offer has led to a tremendous rise in the number of sites and applications that use it. The conversion of simple human readable text format to HTML has never been so simple, thanks to Markdown.
Instant Markdown will walk you through the syntax of Markdown and will get you up to speed with the basics, which will allow you to write your own content in Markdown. It will then show you how to use different services to make the most of Markdown.
Apart from learning the basic syntax through practical and focused examples, you will also learn how to use Markdown to do many different things, such as participating in forums and discussions, writing emails, sharing documents, blogging, creating to-do lists, creating presentations, converting Markdown files to other formats such as PDF, or using Markdown extensions.
You will learn everything you need to know about Markdown, right from scratch to practical examples.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A quick, clear, concise tutorial guide-based approach that will help you to get started with Markdown.
Who this book is for
Instant Markdown is for people who are interested in an introduction to Markdown. You will not need any specific knowledge about programming or markup languages. This book will give you many ideas to use and take full potential of Markdown over many different services.