Choosing the right tools for implementing a design in Plone is the most important step. Fortunately, there are a number of tools available that make the process much easier. This two-part article by Veda Williams, will deal with Plone 3 Theming.
In this part we will cover graphic design tools, browser toolbars and extensions, and CSS validators.Read Skinner's Toolkit for Plone 3 Theming (Part 1) in full
Authentication is the process of verifying that users are who they claim to be. Authorization is the process of granting access to the authenticated users—based on their role—to perform operations such as view, edit, or delete on resources. In this article by Antano Solar John, you will learn how MODx facilitates authentication and authorization. You will build your site to include user registrations, logins, user types, and set rules on who can do what.
As you read this article, it is important that you keep in mind that MODx has two user types.
- Web Users—users who use the web site
- Manager Users—users who are allowed to log in to the Manager interface
In this article by Mike Liu, we will explain the concepts and definitions related to SOA, and clarify some confusions regarding SOA. Let's discuss each of the following in detail:
- What is SOA?
- Why do we need SOA?
- What are the various approaches to implementing SOA and what are the key differences between them?
- What is a web service and how is it related to SOA?
- What standards and specifications are there for web services?
In this article by Munwar Shariff, we will learn how to use Alfresco as a smart document repository. This will include providing automatic version tracking and control, and accessing documents in the Alfresco repository from your web browser, a network drive, FTP, or WebDAV.Read Implementing Document Management in Alfresco 3- part2 in full
The primary focus of implementing workflow is automation of a business process. In this article by Munawar Shariff & Amita Bhandari, we will see the basic, out-of-the-box workflow capabilities of Alfresco and the ways to extend it as per your business requirements.
By the end of this article, you will have learned how to:
- Enable simple workflow for documents
- Create email templates and set email notifications
- Extend workflow to include multiple approval steps
- Implement a complex workflow scenario for document lifecycle management
Read Implementing Workflow in Alfresco 3 in full