Developing an application in Symfony is easy and time-saving, and one of the best ways to demonstrate that is to create a web site. By the end of this article by Tim Bowler, we will have an initial prototype, which will serve as a starting point. Along the way you will be introduced to the MVC flow within Symfony where you will understand about the business and application logic, and designing the database.
In this article you will learn how to:
- Set up the foundations for a basic database-driven web site using the Symfony framework
- Use some of the available Symfony tasks to cut out repetition
- Create a database schema and later understand its relation to the ORM and forms
- Understand the flow of the request to the controller, action, routing, and template rendering
In the article Continuum: Ensuring the Health of your Source Code by Maria Odea Ching and Brett Porter, we will learn about the importance of a continuous integration, or CI, server in a project (especially gigantic ones!).
We will be using Continuum to show you first-hand the formidable role of a CI server in the development life cycle. We will learn the essentials of how to set up Continuum, plus the basics of how to configure it so you will know when your project's build breaks.
The first part of the article deals with setting up a source repository, installing any required applications or tools, and setting up Continuum. The remaining sections cover the systematic process of adding and building projects in Continuum.Read Apache Continuum: Ensuring the Health of your Source Code (Part 1) in full
In this article by Ben Finklea, we are going to explore:
- What is a keyword and why it matters
- Why keyword research is perhaps the most important thing you will do in an SEO campaign
- Setting goals for your keywords
- How to use your site to find great keywords including installing and configuring the Top Searches module
- Several external keyword research tools to speed up the process of finding the best terms
- A walk-through of the keyword research process