Games are all about interacting with a virtual world, so where would our character be without some in-game actions? In this two-part article by Will Goldstone, we'll be looking at interactions and dive into two of the most crucial elements of game development, namely, Collision Detection and Ray Casting. In the first part, we will learn how to add an outpost model to our project and learn how to position, scale, assign colliders to objects as well as tag objects.Read Unity Game Development: Interactions (Part 1) in full
This article by James Kennard shows how we can interact with the current user, logged in or not, and how we can interact with their session.
This article contains the following recipes:
- Getting the session handler
- Adding data to the session
- Getting session data
- Checking for session data
- Checking the session token
- Getting the user
- Determining if the current user is a guest
- Getting the user's name and username
- Getting the user's group ID and type
- Restricting a user's access using Public, Registered, and Special
- Getting the user's parameters
- Setting the user's parameters
- Extending and editing user parameters
- Sending an email to the user
In Joomla! Blogging and RSS Feeds article, we covered the advantages of blogging for SEO, setting up Joomla! as a blog, and commenting.
In this article by Herbert-Jan van Dinther, we are going to cover:
- Using Google's FeedBurner for SEO
- How to claim your blog on Technorati
- Using separate blog components
In this article by Herbert-Jan van Dinther, we will learn how to set up a blog within Joomla! and show you the external tools that you need to use to get the most out of your blogging efforts. You will read more about the importance of blogging and commenting systems, along with how to implement solutions that make Joomla! an even better blogging tool.
In this article, we will deal with:
- How is blogging good for SEO?
- Setting up Joomla! as a blog
Handling, processing, and representing data in the 2.0 era of web applications has become so crucial that designers and programmers are working towards new ways of improving the user interface experience. Slider is one such killer concept, using which the user can represent and handle data easily. In this two-part article series we will explore different types of Sliders and code usage and options with a hands-on example with vertical and horizontal slider.
In this article by Sridhar Rao, we shall be covering the following topics:
- First steps with the script.aculo.us slider
- Types of the slider
- Code usage for the slider