In this article by Michael Peacock, we will focus on creating a better selling experience for the customers of a store using a Drupal e-commerce website called 'Doug's Dinos!'.
In this article, we will learn:
- How to add a shopping cart
- How to add search features
- How to auto-create user accounts
- How to include images on our product listings
- How to provide discounts to customers based on their role
- How to enable coupons so customers can get discounts
The administration interface is a universal feature needed in any web application that stores and manages data. For this reason, Django comes with a fully fledged administration interface ready to be used. This administration interface is considered one of the coolest features in Django because it's easy to use, and yet is powerful and flexible. This article is based on the updated version- Django 1.0. The previous article on Creating an Administration Interface was on the older version of Django.
In this article by Ayman Hourieh, you will learn how to:
- Activate the administration interface
- Use the administration interface to manage content
Running a social web application means having a community of users who have common interests, and who use the application to share their interests and findings with each other. We will want to enhance the social experience of our users.
In this article by Ayman Hourieh, we will learn how to:
- Build a friend network feature
- Let users browse bookmarks of friends
Microsoft Office Outlook is one of the world's most widely-used personal information management tool. Primarily, the Microsoft Office Outlook serves as an email application for a wide range of users. In this article by Vivek Thangaswamy, you will learn the concepts of programming for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 using VSTO 3.0 and C#. We will take a look at the following:
- An overview of the Outlook object model and its features in VSTO
- Learning the extensibility of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 using the object model
- Learning to customize Microsoft Office Outlook menus and toolbars using VSTO
- Working with form regions in Outlook, manipulating folders, contact information, and mail items using VSTO programming
ADO.NET Data Services leverages the ADO.NET Entity Framework to build data services for relational data sources. These include support for MySQL, DB2, and Oracle in addition to MS SQL Server. It can also be used with non-relational data using an add-on provider model. With ADO.NET Data Services, the developers can build dynamic internet applications (AJAX, Silverlight, etc) that works across intranets as well as the internet. With this in place data access by applications is made possible using URI Syntax and using HTTP verbs operating on the data.
In this article by Dr. Jayaram Krishnaswamy, you will learn how to create a ADO.NET Data Service from scratch. You will also learn how you may access data using the URI constructs. The backend data for this tutorial comes from a copy of Northwind database named TestNorthwind on a named instance of SQL Server 2008. In order to work through this tutorial you should have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed. You also need to have .NET Framework 3.5 installed.Read Data Access with ADO.NET Data Services in full