In this article,by Kim Schulz, author of Hacking Vim 7.2, we will introduce a list of recipes that will help you personalize Vim in such a way that it becomes your personal favorite.
You will find recipes for the following personalization tasks:
- Changing the fonts
- Changing the color scheme
- Personal highlighting
- A more informative status line
- Toggle menu and toolbar
- Adding your own menu and toolbar buttons
- Work area personalization
Vim is one of the most powerful open source editors used by programmers and system administrators around the world. While Vim itself is inherently a powerful editor, personalizing it to suit your needs can be a daunting task.
In this article by Kim Schulz, author of Hacking Vim 7.2, we will cover:
- Adding a more visual color
- Adding line numbers
- Spell checking your language
- adding helpful tool tips
- modifying key bindings
NHibernate is an open source object-relational mapper, or simply put, a way to rapidly retrieve data from your database into standard .NET objects. This article teaches you how to create NHibernate sessions, which use database sessions to retrieve and store data into the database.
In this article by Aaron B. Cure, author of Nhibernate 2 Beginner's Guide we'll talk about:
- What is an NHibernate session?
- How does it differ from a regular database session?
- Retrieving and committing data
- Session strategies for ASP.NET
Simple Invoices provides freelancers, non-profits, and small business a user-friendly way to bill customers and track invoices. It's an application for people who don't want the hassle of larger accounting programs, such as GNU Cash, Quicken, or Quickbooks.
This article on Simple Invoices by Michael Badger, author of Scratch 1.4 Beginner's Guide and Zenoss Core Network and System Monitoring, provides an alternative to bulky accounting programs and the haphazard system of managing individual files by providing an intuitive web-based invoicing system. Because it's open source project, you enjoy free access to your software and your invoicing data.Read Manage Your Money with Simple Invoices in full
In this article series by Gill Cleeren and Kevin Dockx, authors of Microsoft Silverlight 4 Data and Services Cookbook, we will cover the following recipes:
- Using the different modes of data binding to allow persisting data
- Data binding from Expression Blend 4
- Using Expression Blend 4 for sample data generation