KnockoutJS Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to develop a deployable app as the author walks you through each step
- Understand how to customize and extend KnockoutJS to take your app to the next level
- Great examples showing how KnockoutJS can simplify your code and make it more robust
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 1782161147
ISBN 13 : 9781782161141
Author(s) : Eric M. Barnard
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 11 Mar 2013
Errata type: Typo | Page: 34 | Date: 30th November 2012
Top features you need to to know about
Top features you need to know about
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about the Model-View-ViewModel pattern with practical examples
- Find out why data binding is so useful when building applications
- Explore the core library objects and components that KnockoutJS has to offer
- Discover how to leverage KnockoutJS to solve most of your common development needs
- Build practical project structures and learn how to organize a maintainable code base
- Understand how KnockoutJS’s observables and bindings work under-the-hood
- Create your own custom bindings
- Practice pro debugging and development techniques
The "KnockoutJS Starter" guide pulls from real-world professional app development experiences and brings those to readers in a way that is easy to understand. It works through practical examples in order to showcase both the power of the KnockoutJS library, and illustrate best practices when developing apps.
The guide starts off by working through a real-life app, and then breaks down the patterns and components for the reader to easily understand and reference.
Working through the examples, the reader will see strategies for building out an easy-to-maintain application structure and grasp best-practices for separating business logic from user interface code. Concepts such as retrieving data, building custom user-interface components, and avoiding common mistakes are explained in detail so that the reader can quickly become a pro.
All in all the "KnockoutJS Starter" guide will empower readers with the knowledge they need to take their development skills to another level with KnockoutJS.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. It’s a Starter guide which will get you started quickly with the main features of KnockoutJS and take you through it.
Who this book is for
The "KnockoutJS Starter" guide is for anyone who is curious if KnockoutJS can add to their application development practice. It is written so that novice developers can easily follow along, but is advanced enough that even seasoned developers can glean useful and practical knowledge.